1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans v Raiders @Mexico City

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yes Will Fuller I'm sure would help. But I still don't trust Osweiler away from NRG. I guess we'll just have to see. It would be even more embarrassing if he sucked against the Raiders defense because they're near the bottom in a lot of defensive categories.

If the AFC South wasn't such a dumpster fire, it would feel like an accomplishment to make the playoffs. But when your competition (Yes Titans have gotten better) is pretty bad every year, it doesn't feel like it. Colts have taken a step back. Jaguars remain the same. Titans have improved, but not to the point where I feel like they are any real threat to win the division, especially right now. There's at least one elite team in each division in the NFL this year aside from the AFC South. Falcons, Seahawks, Cowboys, Vikings (or at least they were before losing half their OL to injuries), Steelers, Patriots and take your pick of Broncos or Raiders.

2. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is probably a discussion that should be moved out of the GameDay topic. While I can appreciate your frustration at not being able to get season tickets (which is unfortunate by the way), the reality is that it really doesn't matter to the Texans or the NFL. The NFL is in the business of sports entertainment and as such is solely concerned with generating maximum profits for its clique of owners. This it does with spectacular success. Now what you attribute to a bunch of unworthy dummies sucking up all of the season tickets is merely the part of their marketing plan. that has worked to perfection: have a product where the demand for said product exceeds the supply. It's not a question of fairness but rather simple economics and you can thank Jeral Jones for helping orchestrate the current situation because this is his vision of what the league should be about. In the current environment, there's really no such thing as a real fan or a fake fan - there are only consumers for a product in limited supply.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, unfortunately those are the people I end up having to talk to when having conversations about the team that I am a fan of.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

With less and less singular (media) authority, it devolves the conversation significantly. I mean, I still find myself defending Matt Schaub - even as Brock Osweiler posts a sub-5 YPA.

I think calling fans out is self-serving and useless; if you want to raise the discourse, be proactive and engaging; show a degree of humility; and have an open mind. I've learned a lot posting in various forums; I'm a much better fan for it and I enjoy the games much more.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You have to admit though that the brain dead hot takes get annoying.

6. conquistador#11

damn 169 dollars for a jersey? I got mine from that site posted on here, straight from china homies.
    let's go texans. I don't care if we win 2-0 on a safety.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans are 6-3 and have been outscored by 27 points this season.

That doesn't bode well long term for the Texans..... and not for this game either.

9. conquistador#11

other than Capers we don't face a Dcoordinator that can scheme to shut us out. In all of our victories we've score more points than the opponent, and the opponents, with their mvp candidates like stafford(according to the experts) left home because they scored less points. interesting.

Svpernaut likes this.
  10. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I agree that bickering about fan purity is pointless and serves no purpose. Becoming a fan of a sports team is a purely voluntary act - no one is holding a gun to your head making you do this. As such it's up to the individual to decide how much (or how little) effort to dedicate toward this pursuit. Whether one is a Texans' fan because of all of the JJ Watt commercials or because of he likes the cheerleader swimsuit calendar or because he has a fetish for the colors red and blue - it's all the same thing to me. I'm much more interested in looking at the decision making and strategic thinking of this organization because that, more than anything, will determine its ultimate success or failure on the football field.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Texans have a bleaker future according to ESPN
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...re-future-suddenly-looks-lot-better-lot-worse

Nook likes this.
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Exactly. The only thing that pisses me off in this world is ignorance, and there is a lot of that going around on these forums, and with fans in general. I love the game of football, and I just wish the "fans" who aren't or can't be dedicated enough to know the game well - to just shut up and cheer or boo. Trying to add ignorant talking points ruins the experience for countless people.

You are not smarter than Rick Smith, or McNair, or Bill O'Brien... and you can't read defenses or even throw the ball better than Osweiler. So if you are going to demand that they are fired, or call them terrible, or talk smack - be prepared to be proven wrong by those of who care enough about the game and the team to know the real truth.

Get out of here with your accurate, and sensible logic, good sir! It doesn't matter if the Texans have been outscored as a whole, it matters that they've won twice as many games as they've lost.

I disagree, it helps me pass my work day along. Also, talking about fan dedication does go hand in hand whenever they are saying ignorant things - like "Fire Bill O'Brien!" As a fan, that misguided and incorrect "outrage" can have ramifications, up to and including coach getting fired that likely shouldn't be fired. I think Jeff Van Gundy is a good example of this. To this day, I'd kill for JVG to still be the Rocket's coach. In that regard, I guess that is one of the cases that I'm happy McNair runs the team how he wants to, regardless of what the fans want.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Svpernaut likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Narratives.

Svpernaut likes this.
  16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Wait. Someone said the Steelers were an elite team?!?

Lol

Pen15clubber, Svpernaut and RasaqBoi like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That metric is basically the result of two awful games... agains the Pats and the Vikings (before their O-line became a dumpster fire, which trickled down to their defense).

I'm not sure anybody would put more stock in the Texans had they happened to have beaten the Bears and Jags by 10 more points than they did.

Also, what was the point differential last year? Again, its not baseball... especially not when 1 or 2 games can significantly skew the result.

18. rockets13champs

Carr's revenge game

19. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Raiders 20 Texans 13

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Texas Rangers of the NFL. Same colors and theme as well.