1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans v Raiders @Mexico City

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes, it is.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'll settle for him just getting his 2nd super bowl ring in Houston.

#AintMyMoney

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Texans warned to stay in hotel, not order room service in Mexico

Houston Texans players are being advised by the team not to leave the hotel and not to order room service during their trip to Mexico City for Monday night’s game against the Oakland Raiders.

The game is part of the NFL’s international series and the first NFL game in Mexico City since 2005.

The Associated Press obtained a memo distributed to the team on Wednesday that included a page of information concerning the trip to Mexico, including those two rules.

A section of the memo under the heading "safety" had a bullet point with: "DO NOT leave the hotel." It was followed by a line advising players to leave all "expensive jewelry at home," not to bring large sums of money and not to use ATMs.

4. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

David Carr still haunts us to this day.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

I preferred Garrett Gilbert

just kidding

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just shut them out.

3-0 win.

Nimo likes this.
  7. mario_v

mario_v Member

Notice how any of these "reports" never gained any traction?

There were no reports, only rumors started by fans.

Plus, Carr himself said in an interview prior to the draft that he would've loved to play for the Texans and would embrace the challenge.

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Svpernaut, Rodman23 and Nimo like this.
  9. mario_v

mario_v Member

How's Xavier busta-filo doing? I bet you and the Texans FO are very with him.

10. davidio840

[​IMG]

11. conquistador#11

Baby Carr, those dorks who spilled beer on your big brother's wife do not represent me. I was always in awe of David's sexy hair plus those fans did it to schaubie and Warren moon. And the local radio personalities you used to get in social media wars with well they're still the same idiots. they do not represent the entire city. so don't take it personally
    If you can't order room service or call up hookers what's the point of playing internationally. Take the game to china or australia if Mexico is so unsafe.

ABforPresident and Rodman23 like this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. davidio840

Well, I am pretty sure nobody on our team is playing Sunday...

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I'm getting weary of all of this b****ing about the fans. When I last looked all of the home games are sold out with the stands full of folks wearing $169 Texans jerseys. If the fans want to grumble and complain then it's their right. At least the fans care enough to b**** and moan or would you prefer the cloak of silent indifference that existed when the Oilers were in town?

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bold prediction considering Ossweiler hasn't really performed well away from NRG. Yes the Raiders are a bad defense, but I'm always going to be skeptical when Brock was only able to manage 99 yards against a middle of the pack defense like the Jaguars.

And do what? Same result as last season. It's not much of an achievement at this point. The positive thing to take away from this season is that the defense didn't completely break when Watt and KJ went down. That's at least something to take away.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In a town of 6 million it takes very little support to pack a stadium 8 times a year. Even then, when most people complain about the fans, it's usually complaining about the incredibly low football IQ of the average person that claims to be a Texans fan and the annoying and ignorant hot takes they share.

I can agree that on some level it's better that they b**** and moan ignorantly than just be indifferent.....but man it would be awesome if they cared AND knew what the hell they were talking about.

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Any concerns about Lamar Miller? He is briefly mentioned as practicing, but with both shoulder and now ankle concerns, it seems there have been little mention of his health and expectations of how much he will play.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Again, why does it bother you so much about the (so-called) Texan fan football IQ? I mean, who the **** cares whether that guy cheering or panning the Texans knows what of he speaks? Because when all is said and done it's irrelevant to the business of the NFL. What matters in the end is that (1) They spend money to buy tickets, come to the games and spend more money at NRG; (2) Spend even more money and buy Texans' merchandise and (3) watch Texans games on TV. The NFL is about $$$ period. Anything else is ancillary.

19. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

The fact that fans pay for tickets, and wear swag doesn't change the fact that most don't know what they hell they are talking about... or that they show up midway into the second quarter, and leave halfway through the fourth quarter.

I have been to football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer games all over the US, both professional and college, and Houston has some of the laziest, most fair-weathered fans in existence. Ever seen the lower bowl of a Rocket's game halfway through the first half? It is a terrible atmosphere. I'd much rather fans care about learning about the game they love to b**** about, and also show up on time, and be dedicated fans. I've been on the season ticket wait list for the Texans for more than 8 seasons, so I'd much rather those seats go to real fans. Buying tickets doesn't mean you're a fan.

Look at what he did against the Chiefs and Bears, as to what he is capable of with a healthy Will Fuller. We had no deep threats in the game against the Jaguars, and the only real WR threat was Hopkins, and they limited his routes with constant single-high safety coverage.

31 of 32 teams go home losers, 12 of 32 make it to the show. The playoffs in the NFL, like the MLB is an accomplishment. Now, if you lose out in the first round year after year (like the Bengals) sure it can be frustrating - but continued relevancy in a league with as much disparity as the NFL is impressive.

Bill O'Brien took a 2-14 team to 9-7 in his first season, using five quarterbacks in the process. In his second year he went 9-7 and made the playoffs and won the division with four quarterbacks. This year, if they win a playoff game, and then lose - that is an improvement and the season would be a success. The overall goal is of course to win it all, but the more you win, the better your team gets at competing. Winning builds confidence, and it also brings in key acquisitions who want to go to teams to win (Durant to Warriors is an example).

The Rockets making the playoffs lower than a 4th seed, isn't impressive. The NFL playoffs is a different ballgame.

I think the silence is intentional. They don't like to show their cards, ala the Patriots.

#59 Svpernaut, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Wrong. Because there are real fans sitting on the season ticket wait list for years that could be actually appreciating the team in those seats instead.