1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans v Raiders @Mexico City

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 16, 2016.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I just want Brock O to show us he's worth the money. Is that to much to ask?

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Texans on primetime...eww...Might get smoked by Carr 2.0 who is light year's ahead of Brock. Yes you have to give him a lot of credit for his career 11-5 record...But Denver did something that NO Bronco fan second guessed when they bought Peyton Manning off major neck injury in favor of the kid that took them to the playoffs in Tim Tebow.

Think it is perfectly fair to start expecting better play from the QB position...

3. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

You say that, ignoring Manning's pretty terrible play returning from injury last season.

I predict that the Texans win be double digits because Will Fuller will be playing, and our ignorant fans will still complain when the team is 7-3.

4. Svpernaut

They are going to win the division and make the playoffs. Relax.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think we match up well with them, but we need the defense to show up.

Texans 27
    Raiders 17

Nimo likes this.
  6. mario_v

mario_v Member

I hope Carr embarrasses the Texans and goes off for 500 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Texans will pay for not drafting him two years ago.

7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Altitude is a major underrated factor since the game is in Mexico City. Need long drives or our defense will be on the field for a long time against a top 2 o-line with their rushing attack and offense. Similarly, we could do the same to them but our offense is trash.

8. Two Sandwiches

Not going to happen.

He didn't want to be here. It's not as personal as people are making it out to be. If anything, our defense should be pissed and want to destroy him for not wanting to come here.

9. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Yup. I relaxed last season and how did that turn out???????

10. Svpernaut

With a division championship, playoff birth, Brian Hoyer going full 2013 Schaub, and JJ Watt pulling a groin against the Chiefs.

Like with MLB, making the playoffs in the NFL should actually be treated as a success because of the slimmer chances of doing so (37.5% for the NFL, 33.3% for the MLB). Both the NBA and NHL have 16 of 30 teams make it to the playoffs (53.3%), meaning more teams make the playoffs than miss them - so it isn't necessarily something to cheer about.

And if the NFL playoffs has taught us anything, it is that the key to a Super Bowl win can and usually is all about getting hot at the right time. See the pretty mediocre regular seasons of the 1980 Raiders, 1997 Broncos, 2000 Ravens, 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2010 Packers and the 9-7 2011 Giants for details.

11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Ask the buffalo bills if losing in the super bowl 4 years in a row was a success? All those team you mentioned happen to have some pretty decent QB's.& that my friend is how it starts.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. Svpernaut

Most of those teams won with sub-par to mediocre QB play as far as stats are concerned.

And yes, I consider 4 years in the Super Bowl in a row a success. Is it a Super Bowl win? Of course not, but their team was in it every single year for four freaking years. There are 32 NFL teams, if each one won a Super Bowl once each in a row - you're talking about 32 years, damn near a generation until they all win. It is a game of statistics, if and when you win one - you beat all odds and it is special. Getting one win away may take away most of the luster, but it is still a hell of a run.

Fans need to realize the odds - and set expectations accordingly. The goal is to win it all, but 31 teams fail at it every year. I'd prefer to be competitive and have a chance each year, than win 1 and then be terrible for 31 more years until it is our time to win it again. The chance that anything can happen, is what makes sports addicting.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given the Texans' storied history of success I can understand how some of their fans think that literally everything short of a Super Bowl win is failure.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And the point? Wont change anything. He will never be a Texan.

15. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Why be on this board?

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

He's never said that. I don't know where you're getting that from.

Besides, he was drafted in the second round, second round picks don't get to decide where they want to play.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ok, you've convinced me. I'm going to root against the team that I've invested my time and hard-earned money in for the last 15 years because they didn't draft a 2nd rounder that is exceeding all expectations. You're clearly a logical and reasonable person.

Svpernaut likes this.
  18. Svpernaut

Not just that, but of the three QBs taken ahead of him - one is out of the league (Manziel), one is "meh" and now on IR (Bridgewater), and one is regressing (Bortles).

All of the "experts" had Carr as the fourth or fifth best QB in that draft, and nearly none of them had him as high as he was taken. But somehow... all of these brilliant Texans fans with 20/20 hindsight are saying they knew all along. I call BS, as I bet 90% or more of them preferred Bridgewater or Manziel over him.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I was saying "all along" that Carr could very well be the best QB in the class along with saying that no QB in that class was deserving of the first overall pick....and saying that none of them deserved to be picked in the top 15 or so. I was calling for Carr in the 2nd round literally a year before the draft.

That said, I agree that it's irrelevant now.

Wolverrines likes this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

There were reports behind the scenes that the family told the Texans not to draft him.

Where he was picked is irrelevant.