1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Redskins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 13, 2018.

1. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Really wish we did this in hindsight. AP clearly has some juice left in the tank and he would be a great compliment with Lamar

red5rocket and macho GRANDE like this.
  2. Texanstradamus

Texans win 24-13

Svpernaut likes this.
  3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did he say that it was unfortunate that God had a plan? Why did he capitalize every word? I can understand kids being lazy and capitalizing none of their words...but it takes EXTRA effort to get things that wrong. Bizarre.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

It gets better

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bob O'Brien does not remember saying those things to those players. Bob O'Brien can't even remember his last play call or if he ran Lamar Miller on 1st down the previous series.

red5rocket likes this.
  6. Nimo

Nimo Member

"Let's catch them by surprise. Run Lamar on 1st down. That will show 'em."

red5rocket likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Bruce Arians for head coach or oc, who says no?

Also, didnt read what jungle boi swag had to say, but if he calls anybody "unprofessional", dood needs to buy a mirror. 2014 called and said "that car stereo shop still wants their money"

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

I've been on the "O'Brien needs an OC" train and I'm probably the conductor but I'm starting to lose hope. I don't see O'Brien totally changing his offense so it will need to be someone who is familiar with that offense already.

9. donkeypunch

Id rather Arians for HC but Im sure he could learn some of BOBs plays and adapt/implement his own style with it. I just dont see him taking an OC job. Indy is still crying atm.

One Arian on the field has been good, multiple Arians for this organization would be better.

Nimo likes this.
  10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Agreed but barring some scandal or an epic meltdown, O'Brien isn't getting fired. I also agree Arians wouldn't come as an OC. Possibly in some other role like Assistant/Advisor to the head coach, or maybe even some management role. Honestly, I wouldn't mind them bringing Kubiak back in that capacity in a similar way the Jags brought Coughlin back.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

12. donkeypunch

Never gonna happen. Kubes, Schaub, Carr, brock were all run out of town with pitchforks. Never in their lives or their grandchildren lives will they ever want to return to Houston. Plus, I would rather not any of them.

Nimo likes this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'd take Kubiak's offense with Hopkins/Watson/Fuller.

joshuaao and donkeypunch like this.
  14. Nimo

Nimo Member

15. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

those Bootlegs with a mobile QB, that was the dream lol

joshuaao and Nimo like this.
  16. donkeypunch

His offense with somebody elses playcalling. He and ob are two peas in a pod with situational things.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Kubiak's offense with Schaub/Foster/Johnson was okay, never truly elite and had troubles scoring in the red zone. Those 3 guys were no slouches and arguably better than the crew we have today.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  18. Nimo

Nimo Member

Kubiak's offense with that trio did not have trouble scoring in the red zone; especially with Arian. Schaub had a pro bowl seasons and is no where as talented as Deshaun Watson. Also, as was mentioned earlier, being able to run as a QB adds a whole new element to the offense. You can do more with a QB who is able to take off and run. Schaub/Johnson/Foster vs Deshaun/Hopkins/Miller is a good argument but only because of Arian. And Arian's success is attributed partially to the zone running scheme of that offense.

Also don't forget that Kubiak beat Tom Brady and the Patriots with Brock Osweiler as his QB. :)

#38 Nimo, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

20. Nimo

Nimo Member