1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans offseason thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

A look ahead at our 2010 opponents

It's always hard to tell, especially this early, but that looks like a doozie right there. No San Fran's, St. Louis, or Seattle's and instead we get the NFC East. You have to expect KC and Washington to improve some, and you never know what you're going to get with Oakland. We do not match up well with Baltimore and the Jets, either (those defenses bother us).

Gonna be a big, big season and a make or break year for the franchise.

2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LT...if SAN waives him.

3. RocketMania1991

So after looking at next seasons schedule I can determine one thing.

Kubiak should be looking for a new job.

If we pull the same boneheaded plays next year as we did this year he might not even make it through the whole year.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

From Chron twitter...

ChronicleTexans Andre Johnson has been voted the NFL Alumni Wide Receiver of the Year for the third time

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Arian Foster has the size we need. Really, we can just resign Moats and have Slaton, Foster, and Moats.

I wouldn't be so opposed to signing TO for a one year contract. He behaved well in Buffalo, and their offense is terrible.

6. Scarface281

Hard schedules always look tough until the season starts. Just wait. And do you think those teams are taking the Texans lightly? Go look at their message boards. Most have the Texans down as a loss.

7. RocketMania1991

I don't doubt the Texans I believe we are on the cusp of a championship team, but the play calling needs to seriously improve if we are to beat the teams on our schedule next year.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

We're not going to waive him.. trust me.

9. RocketMania1991

You guys almost didn't want him last year.

SPROLES WAS THE MAN REMEMBER :confused:

10. Scarface281

The only reason why we aren't in the playoffs this year is because of the divisional games. We went 1-5 in the division, but 8-2 everywhere else. Kubiak needs to grow a pair and go all out. Okoye said, in the home loss to the Colts, that players got relaxed with the lead. That can't happen this year.

Hopefully we can carry that spark from the New England game over to the 2010 season and make a playoff run. It's playoffs or bust this year. This year should be fun. We have four easy primetime games to me (SNF: Dallas, MNF: Colts away and Titans at home, TNF: at Denver on Thanksgiving). Maybe a few late games, too? A lot of people were disappointed that Houston was not in the playoffs.

We have a good team here. Just the coaching sucks. I still don't have much faith in Kubiak honestly. If he were to have been fired, Cowher would be our head coach right now and his press conference would be going on. But, that's unfortunately not the case.

11. RocketMania1991

Has the actual schedule been released with dates ?

12. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Sproles will never be a premier starting back in this league. He just cannot be a starter.. and we never "not wanted him", we needed to re-structure his contract and that took a while to do. I believe LT will retire a Charger.

13. msn

msn Member

FOUR prime-time games? TWO MNFs???????

Wow. It's like the Texans have arrived or something. Funny, but it'll be fun to watch!

Here's hoping they improve rather than suck hard in the national spotlight and embarrass Houston like the Oilers always seemed to do.

14. DieHard Rocket

That was speculation/prediction by Scarface, not official. The official schedule doesn't come out until after the draft, if I'm not mistaken. Right now all we know is the opponents and home/away.

15. msn

msn Member

Ah. Well, I'm not seeing it; especially the two MNF's. Would *love* to see the Texans on Thanksgiving, but I'm doubting that, too.

16. DieHard Rocket

I think if we play on Thanksgiving it'll be Dallas if anything.

I think we get a MNF against Indy and a Thursday night game in there somewhere. Then maybe Dallas in primetime somewhere if not on Thanksgiving.

17. Scarface281

Not until April.

18. Scarface281

How can we play against Dallas on Thanksgiving if we're the home team? ;)

Denver plays a Thanksgivign game almost every year now on NFL Network. I think we could get that spot. The NFL will put a Houston and Dallas team on primetime this year, and we should get at least ONE MNF game against a divisional rival. I can easily see three or four primetime games for us. :)

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Texan's schedule is brutal; guess we should enjoy 9-7 while we can. The Texans will have to really, really improve to make the playoffs.

20. DieHard Rocket

Or just not blow EVERY single close game that we are in position to win.

See Indy (twice), Jax (twice), Arizona, and Tennessee