1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Chiefs 10/20/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Blah. I mean, I understand the argument. We're only 2 games behind the Colts, anything is possible, blah blah.. but this team is playing horrible right now.

Could we beat the Colts and the Chiefs? Sure, anything is possible.

But it very unlikely. Even if we beat the Chiefs and the Colts... the Colts will still get us in Indi and will probably finish the season stronger.

This is all a "so you're saying there's a chance!" moment

1 person likes this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I actually think we win this game somehow... It's what we do!!!

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

good post

4. thejav

thejav Member

All that could have been said about the rams... :/

5. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

So you're an apologist AND a homer?

Charles is going to run all over us lmao.

I agree Alex Smith isn't that good, but he also rarely makes mistakes..

The Chiefs are great at forcing turnovers, and the Texans are horrible at keeping the ball..

6. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I'm sorry but I'm still laughing at "the Chiefs aren't good at running the ball"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Well, to be fair you said "Chiefs are decidedly average at running the ball." So, that's my bad. Still laughing though

8. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Is it even worth talking about our Texans anymore? Sigh.........................

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Actually its quite a bit more intriguing to talk about the Texans now than it was last year when they were 11 and 1. We didnĀ“t have much to criticize the Texans until the Patriots game last year and beyond.

The Case Keenum dyamic adds quite a bit of intrigue into the mix and the unknown that comes with him.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Keenumania!

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Kubiak loves to let people down so he'll go with Yates over Keenum

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Texans start Yates and he performs poorly and gets benched at half time. Keenum comes in during the 2nd half and has a solid game against a Chiefs team playing a soft prevent type defense. City goes Keenum crazy during the bye, but Schaub is named the starter for Indy. City goes nuts.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This team is an utter mess right now. I'll be very surprised if they go to an undefeated KC and pull out a win. I'll consider it a moral victory if they even keep it close.

14. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

LOL. You're taking this a little too seriously.

I *admittedly* go out of my way to find reasons the Texans might win (because someone asked for it) and suddenly I'm an apologist/homer? What part of "pump sunshine" led you to believe I'm being dead serious?

Laugh all you want, but the Chiefs running game is average. It's on par with the Falcons, Patriots and Jets. Do you consider them good at running the ball? I hope not.

The Chiefs defense forces turnovers, if you throw the ball. An important distinction.

The Texans should lose this game, but the Chiefs are quite overrated.

15. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Then the press conference will be John, these kids fight hard out there everyday in practice. It's the NFL and you are going to play the good teams. The chiefs are a darn good football team. Very impressed with Newton because he improved today ( although he gave up 2 sacks in the game).

16. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

Exactly right. Add in the homefield advantage for KC, erratic QB play, rookie mistakes (turnovers/penalties), and you have a recipe for a Texans loss. That is what made the Rams game so frustrating. I've never seen such a winnable game turn into a blowout like that.

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

start Keenum but just run the ball down their throats for the first half, quiet the crowd and let Keenum get comfortable

18. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

How many starters do you think are going to stay on the team next year?

I think Manning, Reed, Smith(FA?), Schaub, Tate are for sure gone. Joseph, Wade Smith, mays OD are possible.

19. Fantasma Negro

John Mcclain on sr610 just said it looks like Keenum might get the start on Sunday

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Translation: Schaub will start and Keenum probably won't even dress for the game.