1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] So are we just gonna ignore how terrible Houston drivers are?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Nov 25, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No havocs here

Only well lubed entrys.

2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Yeah you do... I hate drivers that do that crap. You cause problems in 2 lanes and its a dick move. I see you little wannabe race car drivers do that crap every day. Its unsafe and really inconsiderate. Everyone's time is valuable and its not a race bro.

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You have unlocked a higher plane of enlightenment.

4. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

People like you cause more traffic by forcing the exit lane to slow down because someone else has to let you in. Wait in line like everyone else.

I also agree you cause congestion on the adjacent lane as well if you can't immediately cut in.

1 person likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Personally I think the government should install massive air-to-ground laser beams that incinerate any cars that get in a fender bender and stop on the freeway.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. It's the perfect example of what can happen when there's 5,000 drivers in one area and none of them are capable of considering the results of their actions on the rest.

6. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Not in Germany. If only drivers in Houston were half as enlightened as drivers in Munich.

I used to think like you until I found myself among people who would actually move out of the left lane to allow someone behind to pass, even if they were driving at 100mph, and never cut an oncoming driver at high speed. And I never once saw a cop on the highway.

Driving is one of the top 5 things I look forward to doing whenever I'm in Germany.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Nobody stops to let me in, in houston, oh pahleese. It's usually a dumbass that waited there for no reason trying not to exit.

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Actually, he has a bit of a point. People are conditioned to think that you HAVE to slow down before you enter an exit lane, or even just to switch lanes. In general, Houston drivers tend to drive with their brains switched off. Why do you have to slow down? Just switch into the exit lane, and then use the exit ramp to slow down to feeder speeds. Instead, most just hit their brakes impulsively, which creates a chain reaction of brakes been applied for a quarter mile behind, and triggers unnecessary congestion. If I see someone doing this I will drive past them and exit in front of them. Ain't nobody got time for that.

9. AXG

AXG Member

If you can do it without slowing down traffic, why not? Sometimes people move too slow or not at all.

10. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

That is a big "if" and it usually doesn't work that way. Its usually an unsafe, entitled and douchey move because someone didn't want to wait with everyone else. I can't count how many times I have seen one of these assholes crawling stopped on the damn highway with their blinker on because they didn't get over in time.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

if that actually worked, then we wouldn't have traffic on 610 north before the 59 exits. or 610 east before the 45 south exit...and so on and so forth.

it works no where because there's usually not enough space to seamlessly cut in..so in some way or the other you slow down the traffic in the lane you are in.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

both have an affect cause you actually have those that move too slow or not at all and leave huge gaps where more than one car can fit in front of them. and that may be for whatever reason (on their phones, not paying attention, etc..)

13. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I believe KingCheetah meant for any large cities in the US where it's very easy for the wrong people to drive. Furthermore, driving in Germany isn't what it used to be before reunification (exception being the former East German highways being updated). When I was younger, there were more unrestricted sections, less congestion overall, fewer lorries, and more polite drivers. I blame the influx of Russian, new German immigrants, Czech, Italian, and Spanish drivers for the last one.

I saw several cops on the highway. However, you had to look for them because they hide well. They also drive unmarked cars like the one that pulled me over where he used a camera to show me I was speeding 6km over. These negatives notwithstanding, Germany along with rural China, Slovakia, Isle of Man, rural Australia, and of course rural America are the best places for high-speed driving.

14. droopy421

droopy421 Member

If your turn signal is on for 5 seconds and you aren't moving into a new lane I assume you are just checking to see if your lights work.

15. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

I appreciate Houston drivers 100x more after living in Austin.

Austin is just terrible. Always tempted to get out of the car and throw fists.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I felt the same after living in Houston for a long time.

The driving is horrendous in San Antonio. It is so much worse.

I wonder how much it has to do with illegal aliens who literally don't have the license to drive.

Also not many people own insurance out here.