1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] So are we just gonna ignore how terrible Houston drivers are?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Sajan, Nov 25, 2014.

1. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Is this Official?

2. dmc89

dmc89 Member

These are the correct answers. Not just in driving, but life in general. Whenever I'm surrounded by a huge number of people whose behaviour in unchecked, things become chaotic i.e. the mall during holiday season, exiting a football stadium after the game, busy airport, etc.

Given our poorly maintained infrastructure, we need fewer cars and drivers on the roads. This reduction in cars can be achieved by variable speed limits on electronic signs (45-100 mph), strict enforcement of speed limits (speed cameras every 500 meters with a 5-7+ mph leeway), fewer licenses by making the tests more rigorous, higher gasoline tax, paid parking everywhere, etc. With this type of anti-car climate, you'll see more people moving into densely populated areas and vote for better mass transit. Urban sprawl, horrible traffic, and carbon emissions are all symptoms of poor urban planning and management.

Or, we need driver-less cars to eliminate the human problem above.

3. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

I forgot how to parallel park :(

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

A while back when I was in town I drove from 610 to 290W going toward Austin. What the hell kind of highway is that? It was three lanes, but they were so narrow. Very tense driving. I had to lower the music on my stereo.

5. Salvy

Salvy Member

You are probably a really good driver with all that practice in DRIVECLUB......

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Houston drivers used to know how to drive in the rain. They'd slow to an appropriate speed but not a death crawl. Not anymore.

On the flip side, I'm constantly surprised by the number of people who don't turn their headlights on when it's raining and visibility is reduced. You may not be able to see better with your headlights on, but it helps others to see YOU.

I've also seen an increase in the number of people who obviously use their left foot for the brake and and ride it 1) wearing out their brakes quicker and 2) always having their brake lights on so the person behind them has more trouble telling when they're slowing down.

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The amount of people that run red lights on Westheimer is insane.

8. Garner

Garner Member

At least put your phone down when you're traveling 70 mph on the highway.

Nothing in your pathetic lives needs your immediate attention, you selfish douchebag.

9. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Drivers on their cell phones scare me the most. They drive like they're drunk weaving in and out of their lane, driving too slow, staying stopped at the light even though it's been green for 5 seconds and traffic is barreling down on them, etc. We need stricter enforcement for all these violations. If we don't have the manpower then we need more speed and traffic cameras to catch offenders.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

These are problems in all major cities.

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

I used to enjoy driving but there's just way too many idiots doing so many things wrong. It's a constant battle of avoiding idiotic people who are preoccupied with other things.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Play music and just drive. All the crap you complain about, just try to let it go. Makes the drive much more enjoyable and safer, when you're not pissed off or annoyed by someone else's driving.

13. AXG

AXG Member

To be fair, many of these terrible drivers are from other states.

14. Buck Turgidson

This is very true in Austin, the driving patterns have changed a ton in the past decade. I also blame anyone born after 1990.

[​IMG]

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's called a road under construction...

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

A new 30 for 30 special presentation .

17. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Tried to rep on phone. I lold more than appropriate.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how everyone forms a congested backed up line to exit or enter the freeway and I'll do is cut them near the entry point

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

so you can create havoc in the adjacent lane?

20. dragician

dragician Member

too many bad drviers in china town.