1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Scoot Henderson as a Blazers thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. i3artow i3aller

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Did not recognize it was him if there was no description, dude has an older voice.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

This is Scoot, on the right, with his dad.

[​IMG]

Real:

[​IMG]

5. i3artow i3aller

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Most of times, the tapes are only makes. Found one with both. Rookies will be rookies. Will take time. I do dig the goggles.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont like the goggles on scoot; makes him look like a scrub IMO.

Who would have thought Scoot would be struggling in the league while B miller looks good?

Dredd and roslolian like this.
  8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Point guards develop funny sometimes. Billups is an example of one.

Jontro and DreamShook like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

roslolian likes this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Scoot being bad is the biggest surprise to me since ever. Dude looked like a carbon copy of Ja Morant. Maybe 1 inch of height makes a lot of difference in the NBa.

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Those goggles make him look like he got cast as a nuclear physicist in some Expendables movie.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. Jontro

Jontro Member

scoot bust af frfr. maybe we can trade amen for him. he'd be a monster for the vipers. 5-peat lessgooooo

Dredd and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Never believed much in Scoot as an NBA player because I thought he was already near his peak.

That said, he'll probably have a decent rookie season. IMO, his ceiling is low.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

DD would love him. Just do it, Stone!

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You knew by the name Scoot that there was something suspect.

Easy likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The absolute confidence that Clutch, Roosh, and Jackson would talk with about how this guy was a shoe in stud to build around is hilarious

DD was right. DD is always right. Meathead Ish Smith and nothing more.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They are the same person.

[​IMG]

18. Nook

Nook Member

Scoot Henderson is still 19 years old and has already been hurt... first in the Summer and now the regular season. He is also on a pretty bad team that really isn't exactly trying to win or develop players at this minute.

Scoot will be fine as long as he is healthy. I honestly don't think his "stock" has really taken much of a hit at this point either, after only playing a dozen games.

Someone could look at Amen Thompson's numbers and conclude that he has been bad this season - when the truth is that he has looked really good at times, lost at other times - but for the most part has just been hurt.

The best looking player in that draft so far has been Brandon Miller, but he has some stable veteran pieces around him and a flawed coach, but one that insists players be fundamentally sound.

6 months ago people were writing off Scottie Barnes and claiming that Evan Mobley was just meh.... when you have 19-22 year old players, you look more at if they show they are capable of playing the game more than just the numbers.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I personally think Scoot puts the nail in the coffin for the GLeague developmental path. When players like Jalen Green and Scoot tear up the GLeague and then look super raw and inefficient in the NBA it kinda puts the credibility of GLeague in question. Not to mention guys like Trevelin Queen, Darius Days, Hartenstein etc who all can't even get rotational minutes but put up video game numbers in the GLeague.

It's Def a blow for me personally since I always thought GLeague was a step above D1 bball, but seeing guys like Scoot who has been in the GLeague for 3 yrs come out looking super raw and lost tells me GLeague is prob between OTE and NCAA when it comes to preparing prospects for the NBa. Although GLeague is managed by the NBa teams and has former NCAA stars, it seems prospects learn nothing cuz there no stakes in the games and people just play to put up stats. So players like Scoot tear it up with very little defense stopping them and then they get to the NBA and get shell shocked with the amount of defense opposing them. I guess GLeague Ignite sucks ass too, I've never seen anyone from Ignite come to the NBA prepared they all look raw af Jalen Green, Kuminga, Scoot, Dyson Daniels, Jaden Hardy etc none of these guys had a stellar rookie year it was only when they got drafted and training from NBA teams they started producing on the court.

#39 roslolian, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. TimDuncanDonaut

It's way early so I don't think anyone is giving a definitive macro view. But on the micro, it is what is, since we're all just keeping tabs. He's coming off the bench right now behind Brogdan, Simons and Sharpe.

Portland fans also isn't giving any bust labels, but it proves more like our guys in their rookie years. Most rookies are raw. The one who make tangible contributions is on the rarer side. That should factor into a coach's decision for minutes, no matter the pressure from their GM and fans.