1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Russia Endorsing Trump, Again, Set to Interfere on His Behalf, Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 20, 2020.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Russia plays the left like a fiddle and why not they are gullible as hell.

2. havoc1

havoc1 Member

Interfering in a US election so that Trump wins is playing the left like a fiddle? And you, for some reason, are ok with this? What the hell happened to people for them to be ok with a hostile foreign country interfering in an election? My goodness this comment is ridiculous.

You realize that you are now allying yourself more with Russia than with people on the other side of the political aisle? And you think this is a good thing?

3. mick fry

mick fry Member

Russia’s goal is to sew discord within the country and it’s worked. You actually think Russian wants Trump? I hardly think so. Sanders is Russia’s wet dream.

cml750 likes this.
  4. havoc1

havoc1 Member

I absolutely think they want Trump... especially since the intelligence agencies just said they did. I do agree that they also want to sow discord but they would be hard pressed to find a president that is as good to Russia as Trump is. He is literally the champion of a conspiracy theory that would put Ukraine at the center of the last presidential election meddling instead of Russia... which has been shown to be Russian propaganda, and is being peddled by the most powerful man in the world, despite what our intelligence agencies say.

To sum up, yes I believe Russia wants Trump, and it is alarming to me that people seem to not care and try to generalize election meddling. Also I'm assuming you are outraged by the Senate's refusal to pass election meddling measures? Because for the life of me I can't think of a reason that anyone would support the senate in ignoring a huge national security problem.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And... senate republicans have blocked all efforts to protect against russian interference (at least three times this past year).

RayRay10, JayGoogle, pirc1 and 3 others like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Russians want Trump and to sow discord. Trump has done everything Russia has wanted and held them accountable for nothing they've done. In fact, he takes Russia's word over the evidence and word of American Intelligence agencies. They love him. He's gotten them out of treaties holding them back worked on easing and not enforcing sanctions for them. Trump uses a consumer iPhone to do government business so they can listen in on everything he does, the list goes on and on. They would get none of that with Sanders

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So how iz Russia manipulating the electorate this go round?

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does Putin think Trump makes a nice little puppet for him to manipulate? Dangle the carrot of possible opportunities of Trump Towers is Russia for favors maybe. Dirty deeds that can be dug up as leverage maybe? Same racist views maybe? Hmmmm

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Social media like last time. A lot of the "Bernie Bro" narrative comes from social media also where random Twitter accounts spam crap and the mainstream media with zero vetting starts using it as ammo to paint a narrative.

So ya, mainstream news networks just like Trump propagate foreign troll interference. I don't know if they do it willingly or not but they definitely do help spread divide with rando tweets.

Both CNN and Trump are useful idiots.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I really do think it's as simple as "if it pisses off the liburals, it's fine with us" mentality.

I don't say that to be funny, I say that as someone who is literally surrounded by Trump supporters all day every day.

11. fchowd0311

It definitely is a large motivating factor.

I've said it before but half my friends list are Marine grunts I served with and most of them are right wing. They spam easily debunkable memes and since I've commented on them a few times, they spam more of them and then claim they are trying to trigger me. They go out of their way thinking about me on their own time just for a desire to "trigger" people.

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Barr, Wray and top security officials: Help us protect the 2020 elections and your vote
    Our state-based system protects us from election disruption. You can help by being on guard against social media disinformation and divisive messages.
    William Barr, Christopher Wray, Chad Wolf, Joseph Maguire and Christopher Krebs
    Opinion contributors
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ral-barr-fbi-director-wray-column/4779980002/

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So is it a big deal when Americans spread disinformation? Whats the difference?

Is thar interfering?

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They don't care as long as they "own the libs" lol

#34 Andre0087, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    havoc1 likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

Sure.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yep. This is the exact mentality of most Trump supporters. I've had people in my family say things like "if what he did makes Nancy Pelosi mad, then he must be doing something right." And they're being completely serious.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Are you sure? Ive never heard claims its why a candidate won.

18. fchowd0311

I thought you meant Americans interfering in foreign elections.

Americans are supposed banter and be involved in the discussion about American elections. I don't get your argument here? I think it's obvious that foreign actors employed by foreign govenrments having massive troll farms spreading fake memes and information through social media on the daily is the problem. It's bad faith actors.

You don't want bad faith actors convincing Americans about a certain narrative because they are bad faith actors who don't care about the best interests of the American electorate.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You dont think Americans spread disinformation disinformation? I thought you said sure. So what's the difference?

20. fchowd0311

I think it's self evident what the difference is.

Bad faith actors are bad for political discourse. When a foreign government who have diametrically opposed interest to our country employee bad faith actors to spam crap on social media, that's bad.

This isn't a zero sum game of "bad".