1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 2, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I think we beat the Raiders and make the final 8. Not much hope after that but hey it's a one-off, anything can happen. Injuries, weather, anything could become an equalizer.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes, I do... mainly because you can always go back to Brock if Savage starts to struggle early, or continues to show effects of the concussion. I'm not worried as much about where Brock's confidence is.... but if you bench a fully healthy Savage, when he really didn't do much to lose the job that was given to him, that would be undermining.

Plus, NE/KC has less film on Savage.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've been following football in this city since the late 70's (Oilers, Gamblers, Texans) and I can honestly say this is the least excited I've ever been for a playoff game in my entire life. Not just saying that to be funny either.

This has been the strangest football season in Houston I can remember. I just want it to end.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is that he didn't really do anything to earn the job either. You'd be going to him just to go to someone different. If the Texans win in the first round, I'd be a bit shocked if they made a QB move unless Osweiler plays poorly.

5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I hate KC, and I don't think we would win if we made it here, but this was a hilarious comment.

6. Fantasma Negro

If our duct tape o line can protect Glock, I don't see why we can't easily win this game. Glock has been in this situation before, manage the game, thats all we're asking him to do. He doesn't need to get fancy or try and be Tom Brady, hand the ball off, check down to your tight ends as a safety blanket and don't throw into double coverage. Our receivers need to do a better job of getting open as well because Nuke has been a baby back b**** all season and Fuller has been a complete non-factor since week 3. This is a team sport and it will be won or lost as a team,

7. Fantasma Negro

We already beat KC...with Brockonator

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is potentially Nuk's last opportunity to show that he really does deserve a big new contract this off-season so I expect him to bring his A game.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Still sniffing Brock's dirty laundry, I see.

At this point, it's obvious neither QB is significantly better than the other.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yet in the Mexico City Screw Job the Texans were called for 7 penalties for 101 yards and the Raiders were only called for 4 penalties for 21 yards. Let's all hope that the crew doing the game isn't Tony Corrente, Dan Ferrell, Patrick Turner, Buddy Horton, Todd Prukop, Rob Vernatchi, and Bart Longson

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's a pretty dumb comment. Me pointing out that starting the QB that isn't in the concussion protocol is an "obvious" move isn't praising anyone....but then again people like you want to push narratives suggesting that I'm some big fan of whatever QB is on the Texans when I spell out things that should be obvious to anyone paying attention.

13. Fantasma Negro

**** that he's had all season, everyone is playing for roster spots. If We got Belicheck Jr then we might as well go full New England, no more big contracts unless you're qb

14. ipaman

I really like the spread look with WR slants crossing with TE flats and RB curls if not blocking especially on early downs. Brock seems to do well with this concept. Do that early, so you can move the chains and soften up the middle. Then you hit them sluggo reads. Basically I'm saying call the play, no reads involved until you have the D guessing. Then let your QB and route runners read the coverage.

15. Fantasma Negro

Quick tempo, no time to let the defense think, hand it off or check down to TE, and one shot downfield at the end of every quarter, that's when Glock's at his best

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It was reported earlier that slants were removed for Brock

17. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The fact the team named Savage as the backup if he's healthy says they were starting Brock regardless. They're better off ruling out Savage period if he's injured.

18. ipaman

They don't get them either. Instead you create a revenue stream for a private business owned by the franchise qb that is similar to a money laundering technique called round-tripping. Pats do it right when they cheat knowing they'll get caught but they don't care because you can't catch them all.

19. ipaman

exactly quick 3 step or 2 seconds throws.
    i'm wondering if this is because he has to read if it will or will not be a slant. i'm saying don't let him or the wr read it at all. it will be as soon as they break the huddle period. at least early to get him in a rhythm.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

SMH, I already explained this yesterday.....When you have a QB on a short week that is in the concussion protocol they can't do any of the prep work or practice to get ready for the next game, that's why it was obvious to anyone that knows anything that Osweiler was going to start. The fact that BOB still likes Savage is why he would still be the backup if he gets through the concussion protocol in time for the game.