1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 2, 2017.

1. nabil474

nabil474 Member

TBH I really think OB wants to start savage! but Stupid a** Rick smith prob told OB to start Brock. I can guarantee that! I know damn well OB doesn't want to start Osweiller. Upper management destroying this franchise.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This game isn't even going to be enjoyable. Sad.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

The big question is who is going to be our Backup because assweiler is probably going to get benched again. Wish ric smith would retire like his buddy kubes.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Are you attempting to use logic? Stop it.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He was much better in the second half of the Cincy game (against a great defense) after adjustments to the protection were made... and this was right after looking great against a pretty spry Jacksonville defense, without the benefit of any practice time.

There's a reason why close to 70% of players who are in the concussion protocol don't end up starting the following week... especially for a position that requires as much memory/gameplan/decision-making brain power that the QB does.

BOB was visibly pissed off at the situation once he realized that Savage got hurt... whatever he says now is to simply try and keep whatever confidence Brock has intact. He knows there's not really a choice right now. He did demote Brock by choice earlier... he was forced to take Savage out not once, but twice, by a condition that is much more serious than anybody in here actually realizes.

Fyreball, RockFanFirst and awc713 like this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I of course want the Texans to absolutely dominate and Brock to throw 300yds and 4tds but it sure would be hilarious if he had a Hoyer vs KC showing. I mean what a **** show this QB situation looks like.

How long does the concussion protocol take? If it's not done for another day or so than I guess it really leaves them no choice but to go with the current healthy quarterback. If that's the case, you can't really blame anyone for the decision to go with Brock.

Justin Dela Torre likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So the obvious call was made at starting QB, and predictably stupid Texans fans are freaking out about it. Gotta love it.

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Arguing about Glassavage and Brock Lobster is a Morton's Fork. I prefer a Hobson's Choice and take the leave it option.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I truly hope that a lot of people take the leave it option. There are far too many "Texans fans" and not enough Texans fans.

10. Fantasma Negro

Playoff Power Rankings
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2017, 11:51 AM EST

The regular season is over, which means that 20 teams are now 0-0. Which means that I have no interest in ranking those teams as the postseason looms.

But I do have interest in ranking the remaining playoff teams. Which I’ll do right now.

1. Patriots (14-2): The No. 1 seed in the postseason will see Matt McGloin, Connor Cook, Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage, Matt Moore, or a banged-up Ryan Tannehill in the divisional round. In other words, the Patriots will be hosting the AFC title game.

2. Cowboys (13-3): They need to root for the Lions to beat the Seahawks. Otherwise, the Giants or Packers will get a chance to beat the Cowboys in their own building in the divisional round.

3. Chiefs (12-4): They can spend the entire bye preparing for the Steelers, not because the Steelers definitely will win on Sunday but because a Dolphins upset would deliver Oakland or Houston to Kansas City.

4. Steelers (11-5): For the first time ever, the Steelers will play a postseason game with Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, and Le’Veon Bell in the lineup.

5. Giants (11-5): “Postseason Eli” isn’t a very flashy name for a superhero who makes rare appearances, but there’s nothing flashy about the Giants quarterback so it works.

6. Falcons (11-5): An upset loss by the Cowboys in the divisional round could mean that the last game in the Georgia Dome would be the NFC title game.

7. Packers (10-6): They managed to win six in a row. They’re capable of winning four more in a row.

8. Dolphins (10-6): Next year at this time, the Dolphins could be sitting pretty with the No. 1 seed.

9. Seahawks (10-5-1): Upset alert in Seattle, where the team isn’t as good as it’s been and the wound is still oozing from the final play of Super Bowl XLIX.

10. Lions (9-7): They’re good enough to earn the right to go back to Dallas and lose by 21.

11. Raiders (12-4): Can Rich Gannon get in game shape by Saturday?

12. Texans (9-7): Can David Carr get in game shape by Saturday?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/playoff-power-rankings/

11. ipaman

I think you misunderstood. In a Hobson's Choice the options are take it (Savage/Brock/Both) or leave it(choose neither). I mean leave it as in I chose none of Savage, Brock, or Both.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I thought you meant "take it" as in accept the situation/team or "leave it" as in reject the situation/team. I'm all for people falling off the bandwagon over an obvious decision that had to be made. Those kinds of "fans" aren't the kind you want to have to talk about the team with.

13. ipaman

Completely disregarding the #1 defense in the NFL. We are at least better than the Lions (beat them with our shitty QB play) and current Raiders who we should have beat if not for the Mexico City Robbery.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  14. awc713

awc713 Member

Let's say Texans put up 17 points, win, and Brock plays meh....200 yards 1 TD 1 INT. Do you think we turn to Savage for NE/KC?

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Except Osweiler. He was the only QB I haven't seen him go out of his way to compliment.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  16. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Lol true

17. mario_v

mario_v Member

Assweiler starting? Fire up your lasers.

J.R. likes this.
  18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Agreed. It's just the easy pick to pile on the Texans. We should be favored to beat Oakland and definitely ahead of Detroit. Seattle, Miami and Houston are all toss ups.

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

If we win there's no chance he's going back to Savage this season.

Unless we win and Osweiller is horrible I should say.

20. ipaman

I doubt it and it would be stupid id BOB did. It's facking Savage not Willis Reed or Yao Ming walking down the tunnel returning from injury. Don't create an illusion that Savage is great just because the horrific car wreck that has been Brock is real.