1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Colts @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

I expect them to get 100 yards or more. This is the playoffs. Watson will have the green light to run.

ramotadab likes this.
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Being a 2 point favorite at home isn't actually being the favorite since it's commonly said Vegas gives you 3 just for being the home team. That said, "national perspective" meant I was talking about the media.

To do what? It's synthetic turf.

ramotadab likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not necessarily. its a 50/50 game and the odds reflect just that

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Luck has been bad in the playoffs.

Texans undefeated in prime time games.

I like Texans in this one.

Fulgore and conquistador#11 like this.
  5. Major

Major Member

I understand the desire to be the underdog and have some kind of a rallying cry, but itt's hard for anyone - media or otherwise - to argue the Texans have no chance to win they are the favorites, 2 points or not. And yes, being a 2 point favorite at home is being the favorite given that the game is actually being played at home. Vegas and sportsbettors don't just give the home team 3 points for the hell of it. This sounds like a lot of twisting things into a pretzel to try to justify a silly argument.

I suspect a lot of people will pick the Colts to win - a 2 pt spread tends to do that. Same will be true in the Chargers and Seahawks games for the same reason. But the idea that the media says there's "no chance the Colts can lose the game" is absurd.

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Aren't you just Captain Literal this morning. You're right. Probably not every single member of the football writing media will be talking about the Colts and how they're obviously the pick in this game. I tire of the whining about the national media and their apparent dislike for all things Houston, too. But do you really think the overall perspective isn't going to be way more focused on Andrew Luck and the Colts than it will be on the Texans?

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'll be perfectly honest and say I jumped off the bandwagon...10 years of crushing defeats and stupid FO moves just couldn't get back on the wagon after 3 horrifying defeats and the team's QB getting in front of a microphone to say "don't come back later" or whatever like he's actually earned a damned thing in the NFL. Well, you got your wish DW. I'm off the wagon and I stayed off. I couldn't watch football this year, it literally made me sick. I watched part of the eagles game I think...in 10 minutes they lost and lead and DT tore his achilles, I said that's enough. It even bothers me to be so offended by a sports team, let alone the one I rooted for but hey, **** em. I hope they get flushed like they should've been flushed 3 months ago by an also-ran team like the Colts.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I wouldn't consider a 3:30 start "prime time"

JVL713 likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree it is a toss-up. I can see both teams winning and/or losing. The difference, the Colts fixed their awful offensive line and the Texans didn't. That might be the tipping point.

ramotadab likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

glass half-full: The Texans don't have to deal with the distraction of any of their coaching staff getting interviews with other teams
    glass half-empty: The Texans don't have anyone on their coaching staff attractive or worthy enough for interviews with other teams

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Eh. We lost our DC last year to interviews, and that was a good thing.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hope Hilton wont tear up our D again....

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

The hell you talking about.

It’s a do or die playoff game.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Given how he looked against Philadelphia, I don't really blame them. He had no burst when he was hitting the hole. It's best to give him another off-season to rehab and get his explosiveness back.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Goodness...

Dankstronaut likes this.
  20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I wonder how many of these linemen are known for playing multiple positions vs very good at their primary position