1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

foh likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

He does have an authoritarian streak, and it is why he has a chance to do well in the blue collar swing states.

He is an extremely bright man, but he is also very arrogant and flawed.

Ottomaton, fchowd0311 and jiggyfly like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Does Obama prefer the brilliant authoritarian with questionable morals or the creepy guy that had his honeymoon yucking it up with USSR communists and worries about child genitals too much?

Tough call.... but my guess is he prefers both over the authoritarian crook that wants to bed his daughter.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's like saying we could have avoided the Civil War if the North would have just surrendered.

5. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

He trying to convey he is not racist and has invested in low income housing and education for the very communities that the frisk policy impacted the most

6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

We obviously did not see the same video. What Bloomberg said was he followed law at the time. At the time the terrorist threat was high. The patriot act was used. Which I would say was the most unconstitutional law pasted. Did you watch the whole interview he said he follow the laws that in effect today in order to keep armerica safe against. What exactly did he say makes you think he has authoritarian streak?

Nook likes this.
  7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How exactly? Like actually being a billionaire?

8. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Maybe he could be trying to say I messed up and I have been giving back to make amends to what I did wrong......

Seems as if he has been investing and helping minority communities before he decided to run..

T_Man

Nook, AleksandarN and jiggyfly like this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Long before. Same for the environment too. How much has he given to providing healthcare for the unfortunate? I would love to see his charity donations compared to trump. Also People talk about the current candidate’s policies with Bloomberg he is not all talk he has actually contributed to policies he wants to put forth. It is not all lip service. Bloomberg also said even if doesn’t get to nomination he will still keep his campaign offices open for whoever the nomination and he would support them against trump. Think about all the people he has on the ground. He is willing let the nomination use his campaign officers personal free of charge all of his campaign infrastructure. They don’t have to pay a thing that is huge.

#629 AleksandarN, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    jiggyfly likes this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Yeah, he wants to beat Trump at all costs. I think his problem right now is that he's too insulated to realize he's potentially hurting that effort by staying in the race. I really hope he sees the light shortly after Super Tuesday if Biden does relatively well and he does poorly.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I don’t think he will do poorly though.

12. Major

Major Member

Possibly - and if so, good for him. I suspect he won't win any states, and will have a lot of 3rd-5th place finishes, with maybe 1 or 2 2nd's. I suspect he'll be way behind Bernie and Biden in delegate haul - more on par with Pete/Warren. We'll know soon!

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I can't believe he has not been able to communicate this on the debate stage, he could shut up a lot of people.

AleksandarN likes this.
  14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

A secretary at work said her uneducated sister in law is now being paid $200/day to hang flyers for Bloomberg on Houston doors.
    I have talked to folks who have low level experience such as going door to door to talk and canvass for one political campaign who have been offered $6500 per month. A guy I know who ran for city council and lost was offered $10,000 per month to work for Bloomberg.

I suppose contented moderates who hate Trump can fit this in their comfort zone, while claiming to be against Citizens' United.

MiddleMan likes this.
  15. Major

Major Member

Wait - now you're opposed to people getting paid high wages? You want Bloomberg to pay his staff less?

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess paying good wages is one good thing Bloomberg is doing. Awesome for those that can get this good work even though it is only temporary.

AleksandarN likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

No no no, gaiz, anything the dreaded "contended moderates" do is baaaaad.

Nook, Buck Turgidson and jiggyfly like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Not trying to argue .... you just made me think about something regarding the candidate... so I am not sure if you think Bloomberg is a moderate but I am just pointing out to people here that he's anything but... he's an extreme corporatist. The left right political paradigm is irrelevant and outdated for discussing the modern political scene in any form of depth beyond face value tribalism. The big problem is normal people keep accepting these corporate boot lickers into their tribe despite them not truly representing their interests.

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What interests is Bloomberg representing?

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You are glossing over his sex appeal.

B-Bob likes this.