1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the second half of the Lakers-Nuggets Game 5 -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Michael Bloomberg for President 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 7, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

his answer(at the town hall)was awkward for sure. Do I think he is racist? But I do believe he is stubborn and defensive. Doesn’t make what he did was right or his comments at the time. But since then he has do a lot things to help out minorities.

T_Man likes this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well so much for moderation. Israelis cannot act like Nazis, be supporters of Apartheid nor violently suppress -- only Hamas or Plestinians. The Israelis and their fellow travelers primarily in the US have made the two state solution impossible. Jews will have to accept a one state American style system eventually in which no one religion or ethnicity is privileged over another.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I added apartheid because it adds more fuel to my argument. It has nothing to do with watering down my point. My point stands that they are acting like Nazis in the ways I pointed out. So I ask: is Israel violently oppressing a minority population with ethnic/religious overtones? Is it walling them off? Is it shoving them into ghettos? Yes or no?

Also welcome back to the discussion.

#604 dachuda86, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I wonder if the Nazis thought it was more complex than that... Hey do you ever stop to consider why there is support for groups like Hamas? Do you ever wonder why people are so pissed off? Yes, it's complex, but just saying it is complex ignores and perhaps, one could argue, even justifies the violent and brutal treatment of the people who suffer.

Speaking of bias, I have to wonder why you care so much to run to the defense of the indefensible actions going on... the walling off... the ghettos... the brutality... do you deny these things to help you feel better about the world? Or more so, do you think Israel has even done anything wrong? You said it was complex so please explain such complexity. I'm all for listening.

#605 dachuda86, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  6. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Start a thread about Israel. Then all of us that want to talk about Bloomberg can continue. We can discuss it in a new topic.

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

If the Palestinians laid down there arms today there would be immediate peace and two states rather quickly. If Israel laid down their arms today the would be driven into the Mediterranean Sea.

AleksandarN likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You forgot about Gal Gadot.

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and cml750 like this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Why are politicians so bad at answering simple questions? With the information he’s attempting to convey, I feel like a lot of us could give a thoughtful compassionate response and detail the perceived positive against the unfortunate result. Instead he bumbles through that like a teenager at prom. Deflecting by talking about education after giving a poor answer fools no one

10. cml750

cml750 Member

She is one one heck of a "Gal".;)

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

She's Wonderful.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I agree with you.. I think he has apologized, but not in the way that most people want him too..... But he has done more for minorities than any other candidate and also gives a nice plan with DETAILS on what he will do for minorities he is elected... That is more than I can say about any other candidate.

The other thing I like about Mike is that he's not attacking his competitors, he's only going after Trump... His ads are all about what he has done, what he will do and what Trump isn't doing...

T_Man

AleksandarN likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is frankly a disgusting unconstitutional take by Bloomberg. Using the acts of terrorists to justify having surveillance on an entire religious community is the antithesis of constitutional rights.

The way he says "but 3000 people DIED" as an excuse is pathetic.

This guy has no self-awareness or at least struggles to show it. Brilliant engineer but a morally bankrupt human. He has a pretty obvious authoritarian streak in him.

dachuda86 likes this.
  14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Just a thought exercise... Why do you think they would be run into the sea? There were Jewish people living in Palestine before Israel was created.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I said my bit. I am waiting for your response. So you start a thread if you have something to say and feel it needs a new thread. Or just leave it and I will too. I get that the thread is off topic and agree we can start a thread if there is more to discuss from you. But I'm done for now unless you have anything to add to the discussion.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Sometimes Bloomberg is more Trump than Trump.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The oft-repeated but proven false saying. When Palestinians stopped their attacks what we saw is that their homes were taken and the settlements increased. Sadly the attacks then resumed. But we've seen what happened when Palestinians halted their attacks. It wasn't instant peace or a workable two-state solution.

Nook and dachuda86 like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yup.... much of Israel thinks it has a religious right to all of that land. They have no real interest in a two-state solution. I mean really how can you work with people who think they are owed land because the sky god told them so in an ancient text.... how do you justify that to people who were living on those lands already and just shoved aside?

Nook likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Of course he talked about stop and frisk how could he not.

Do you think anyone actually voting in the primaries have not made up their mind on stop and frisk?

Is this by NBC?

So I guess we can do away with MSM narrative now.

Nook likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nobody ever forgets about Gal Gadot.

How dare you!