1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Melo Doubters Thread (not just another Melo thread, well sorta)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We're going to see a MUCH more efficient Melo here.

topfive likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wow, a Pole sighting. Plowman has the power to draw all the doubters from hiding! :D

Plowman likes this.
  4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

"When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do"

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Not a Melo fan by a long shot, but I hope he has the best year of his career and we beat the Warriors in seven.

Plowman likes this.
  6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

or 6. : )

7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he’s gonna shine in Houston and be much better than ariza and Luc. By the end of his first week in Houston he will even have a heart !!!!!!

Plowman likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

wut

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Something about Melo everyone should agree on: He has mush for brains. "Only I know when..." That is a special level of cluelessness.

Someone should tell him the emperor was the LAST to realize he had no clothes.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching him in NY he brings very little to the idea of chemistry for a team, in fact, he's a chemistry killer. He's not a championship guy. Humility is not in his DNA, and it's always about him first. He was the only guy criticizing Linsanity WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING. He's a prima dona over the hill barely plays defense kind of guy.

You can't hide him on D - he's slow footed and doesn't have a high motor. Do they play him at the 5?

When we played against him, we'd switch him onto Harden or Paul every time no matter who he was defending.

So yeah, this is low risk from a money standpoint, but it's also low chance he makes us better. Let's hope Paul can unleash his offense and that covers up enough for his liability on the other end of the floor.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

For those saying, Melo will fit in better here, he will change because of cp3, he will play defense because blah blah blah...
    Here's a recent quote from Melo showing he hasnt changed at all, so far anyways...
    7/26/18 Carmelo on coming of the bench...
    I know how to play this game of basketball,” he said. “I’ve been playing it for a long time. When I feel like I’m ready to take that role, then I’ll take that role. Only I know when it’s best for me to take that role. I’m not going to do that in a situation where I still know my capabilities and what I can do. And at the end of the day, the people who really matter know my capabilities and what I can still do"

Same old super ego Melo, wonder if he is going do another interview where he talks about his brand in a new and empty office building he purchases/lease?

13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

MOFs are not true Rockets fans

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Great basketball minds are less likely to pontificate and more likely to create winning basketball teams/programs. To the pontifies: my aching neck is crick bait, don't needs me no click bait.

Plowman likes this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

getting pretty close to 5pm eastern. the air is starting to hum again

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]