1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

kobe isn't exactly wrong. he understands and appreciates what harden is doing. In the long run that isn't going to win in the playoffs. nobody should really expect that if you're being realistic.

the rockets need that continuity back where they don't have guys in and out so much and having to adjust on the fly. hopefully after the all star break, health can drift back in the favor of the rockets

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You guys are missing the media conspiracy. It isn't in what Kobe is saying, it's how it's being reported and tweeted by ESPN.

They again undercut what Harden is doing by framing it in a way as if Harden is only going for records. A few words would make that tweet a lot better. But ESPN is about the clicks. Harden hate generates clicks.

#522 DreamShook, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    macan and topfive like this.
  3. macan

macan Member

i just watched it now. will take back what i said. it wasn't that bad as I thought when i first saw that bspn title.
    btw, i still think fakers nation is classless

ryano2009 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yep. this.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

no one can win a championship with any style of basketball when one team has 5 all-nba caliber players starting with a finals mvp coming off the bench

espn only tweeting this just to discredit harden because most of their employees are faker/larrior fans who hate harden

PeterKingX and Pringles like this.
  6. Pringles

Pringles Member

Facts.

7. Erbnwarfare

Erbnwarfare Member

We were a hamstring and a historically bad shooting night away from winning all.
    Do any of these "experts" watch the games?

BamBam, PeterKingX and bj3175 like this.
  8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Kobe was 100% right in what he said. No way the Rockets win in the playoffs playing this style, but as Kobe mentioned Paul will come back (though Nichols was quick to say Paul was back but 98% of what Harden has done was without Paul). They forgot to mention that Capela was out and Capela is far more valuable to this team on both ends right now than Paul (Paul's skillset can be reproduced but not at the same level no one has the skillset that Capela has) Once Capela is back and Paul is 100% - this team isn't going to be playing so much through Harden. No way they all know thats not what is going to be winning them games in the postseason.

I think you ask any Rockets fan they would be fine with Harden averaging 25ppg if it meant the Rockets were healthy and winning. Its been a total joy and treat to watch him play these last 2 months but I want to see a healthy Rockets team on the floor dominating teams, not seeing Harden out there going supernova and just getting by teams.

9. HookemHorns1250

I agree with a lot of what Kobe said. Some of these fans here that are going out of their way to say “Paul will be our downfall, we are better with out him.”

If Paul is hurt or not playing, we have 0 chance of winning a title. It takes exactly what happened last year for it to actually happen. You can’t have dramatic drop offs whenever Harden does have to sit for a few minutes. You have to have Paul out there. We have no choice but to just Pray that Paul will be back to last post season form when the time comes.

I’d toi want to say “he’s not the same as last year” then at least that can have a reasonable conversation. However, the “We are a better team when he’s not playing” crap will get hsba 2nd round exit. Or a very quick western conference finals exit at best.

“but... we beat Golden state earlier in the year with just Harden.” - it took an absolute dominating game unlike we’ve seen in some time, + a Hail Mary three pointer. Think that’ll happen 4 times?

10. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Last year they were reluctant to say that we could dare challenge the almighty warriors until we broke out the Kryptonite on their dynamic all-star team. Luc and Trevor not coming back gave the media a way to criticise the Rox. Thats Ok when mj was putting up mind blowing numbers in his day the media insisted that a scoring champ could never dominate the ball and win a championship. The media was against the Dream saying he couldn't take the likes of Patrick Ewing or David Robinson. This is Hardens time if Morey can add an impactful player at the deadline our team can make a run. My point is i have seen the media reverse or go Zero dark 30 mon their theories when players like James Harden become totally obsessed with winning. That is Happening to James

11. Roxs-Redemption

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thank you, Jamal! Confused Admiration is an instant classic.

It's also the name of my next band.

Roxs-Redemption likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

excellent thread bump. oh, and media conspiracy

Roxs-Redemption likes this.
  14. Roxs-Redemption

Been a while since anyone posted in this..

Os Trigonum, BamBam and Xerobull like this.
  15. s3ts

s3ts Member

16. vator

vator Contributing Member

Clutch called it out before it happened way back in December.

s3ts likes this.
  17. s3ts

s3ts Member

I really think its time media come forward with why they hate Houston Rockets so much.

I honestly don't care how bad the reasons are. I just want to know the truth.

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

you can’t handle the truth

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2023-nba-predictions/

Rockets are projected to be by far the worst team in the league next year by 538 (lowest odds to make playoffs, worst record, worst point diff, worst strength ratings)

WHAT A LOAD OF MEDIA CONSPIRACY IF I'VE EVER SEEN IT... AFTER OUR AMAZING PRESEASON THEY HIT US WITH THIS CRAP?? DO THEY NOT KNOW THE POWER OF BARI TARI AND BOBAN???

20. PigsFly

PigsFly Member

They're predicting the Jazz to win 39 games......