1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Mariners @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 17, 2017.

1. KeuchelForPresident

Good to see the lefty bats will mostly be held back till the Mariners relief staff comes in. They're only pulling a wOBA of .206 against him this year. For righties it's been easier to get on base, at .277. Though that doesn't mean it's been easy.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Good to know but I was mainly "lol welp-ing" at how Beltran's playing the field after the team supposedly laid his glove to rest a couple of nights ago.

KeuchelForPresident likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

We could avoid Beltran in the OF if we played Moran and let Gonzo play the OF. Not sure if this is a better solution overall though.

4. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Also sticking out is Yuli hitting 3rd today.

It's the first time that he's in that spot in the lineup in his MLB career.

5. Fantasma Negro

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

LOL, Gattis has an .860 OPS right now.

I really love how that doesn't even feel noteworthy.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

HTM likes this.
  8. SuraGotMadHops

I predict Beltran makes a sliding catch today.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

During Luke's scoreless streak, the closest game he pitched was 3 runs.

The last 2 times he has surrendered runs were both tied games. Both ended in L's.

Props to Luke for improving, but in the highest leverage situations, he's failed.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Anyone recognize who this Mariner is? All the autographs we got were Mariners, go figure.

[​IMG]

11. dandorotik

12. dandorotik

13. dandorotik

Not all the Astros took batting practice. It was Aoki, Bregman, Beltran, and the new guy with the beard- they just called him up- damnit, I'm forgetting his name. But yep, only those 4 were out there before the game started.

Colin Moran- he was out there at batting practice. The Early Bird Tours are pretty cool- they show you the upper deck (umm, yeah, I'm familiar with that one) all the way down to the areas where the most high-profile people go (e.g. whenever George and Barbara Bush go to a game, Secret Service has to clear everyone out of the area- I think it's called the Diamond area- and then do a 15-minute sweep of the area, then everybody goes back in.

Another funny story- they have this wall where they have team pictures for every year of the Astros' existence. For the 2004 and 2005 team photos, Lance Berkman didn't show up. So, for the first, they just left him out. For 2005, they had someone stand in for him who was the same height and weight, and they photoshopped his face on that person's body. No joke. Not surprisingly, he showed up for the 2006 picture.

Those tours are like $20 before certain games- and the main thing is you get to see the Astros at batting practice up close- right behind the area. Pretty cool.

#533 dandorotik, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  14. dandorotik

No, I meant July 17- see, I can't even get the wrong date right. I know what happened - I kept going back to that site to get tickets, and I just clicked on the wrong box this past Sunday- I clicked on the Monday date vs. the Tuesday date.

Oops.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

On what should have been a routine fly ball

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Moran is LH. I'm guessing putting him in against one of the best lefties in the game was less than ideal. I think you go with this lineup or replace Beltran with Reddick/Aoki in LF

17. SuraGotMadHops

or really shuffle it up and have Yuli at 3rd, Bregman at short, Gattis at first, Marwin in LF, and Beltran DH.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

So Beltran's glove rose from the dead after just the first day according to the scriptures.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Great job manufacturing a run there. I love having Bregman at the bottom of the lineup.

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

damn, haven't been able to catch much astros games the past few days, then i see correa got injured..