1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Joe Biden Veepstakes thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 6, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You must have missed the Democratic primary debates. She has her past records, cannot run away from. Do some digging and you will find them.

#681 generalthade_03, Aug 11, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  2. adoo

adoo Member

on the flip side, there has been an abundance of political vendetta against that greasy Willie Brown, from Dem/Rep alike

that makes him a political albatross particularly in So Cal,
    the antithesis of a king maker​

i know cos i am a life-long Californian, except for a few yrs in HK and Houston, and i follow state/local politics

3. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone should expect more, not just progressives. However my point was cognitively Biden will last his term.

FWIW I agree with you that we should demand more than Trump or Biden or GW Bush or even Clinton... but the American people had an opportunity to choose Elizabeth Warren and they did not do so... in fact the preferred the lesser version of her in Sanders.... hopefully that changes soon.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thank you, @Batman Jones. A sane post about Senator Harris! The eagerness of some to skirt the edge of paranoia about Ms Harris would be disappointing if it wasn't so predictable. Regardless of who Biden picked, several around here would be highly upset about who it was and start listing reasons. Those complaining would say the same thing if their own favorite VP choice had gotten the nod, if they were being honest. That the attacks on the person they favored were misplaced, an overreaction.

She wasn't my first choice, politically, nor is Joe Biden. I lean more towards an amalgamation of Senator Warren and Mr Yang, with a bit of 3rd term Obama tossed in, to be honest on my part. This pick by Joe Biden, however, isn't remotely the "end of the world," and certainly not a reason to vote against the former Vice-President and his running mate in November. Not even close. Therein truly lies madness. Defeating trump is of paramount importance.

In my humble opinion, this is the most important presidential election in my lifetime, and I've seen more than a few. Prior to this one, the most consequential election I got involved in was the election of 1968, more because of who wasn't on the Democratic ticket that would have been had he not been murdered, Bobby Kennedy. His murder led to the election of "Tricky Dick" Nixon, who RFK would have defeated easily. Kennedy's death had enormous influence. The entire course of the country changed, and not for the better. Our nation has been more than a bit off the rails ever since, in my opinion.

trump keeping his grip on the White House would be far, far worse. I genuinely fear it. He is hell bent on becoming the Erdogan or Putin of the United States. We can recover from 4 years of this dystopian nightmare trump has subjected us to. We cannot survive as the country most of us love, for better or for worse, flaws and all, if that madman has 4 more years to worm his insanity deeper in the fabric of the Republic. In my humble opinion.

5. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

yes generalthade_03?

6. generalthade_03

You’re not very astute when it comes to all things politically. I almost feel bad that you are going to lose bigly on November. One advice that I can give you now is to forget all the BS polls, they will skewed your judgments and give you false hopes.

Anyway it is done now, you have no choice but to support this ticket. When I was watching the Democratic primary debates from the beginning till the end, it seemed to me that the Dems don’t want to win and were trying their damndest to put Trump back in office.

Today’s VP pick confirmed my suspicions from the start.

7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She is going to be a strong leader compared to Pantywaste Pence.

RayRay10, DVauthrin, Nook and 2 others like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Well , looks like the Road Runner / Wile Coyote ticket gets my vote this time around.

I said anyone but Kamala and I meant it.

RayRay10 and generalthade_03 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

you are in no position to be questioning somebody’s political literacy with the BS u post

your thoughts on why Trump would win basically boiled down to “it’s God’s plan”...trolling in God’s name is not a convincing argument

Dems didn’t want to win based on what? Confirmed your positions based on what? U never post something of substance

10. generalthade_03

lol

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I forgot about Kaine...oops.

In my productive day of research, this article gave some better glimpses into her past.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/01/the-secret-to-understanding-kamala-harris/

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, we will all be laughing at the Trump Trolls when he gets his humiliating defeat!!!

Biden/Harris are gonna make history in a good way. Trump/Pence will make history as Dumb and Dumber for their term. They will also go down in history for their complete failure in leading America during the pandemic.

#692 deb4rockets, Aug 11, 2020
    RayRay10, DVauthrin and Jimmy Chase like this.
  13. generalthade_03

The so called BS you said that I post, it’s called winning. Lol
    They did not want to win based on the way they keep doing the same crap over and over again and expect different results. Hence the ticket of doomed presenting to you. Did you even follow the primaries and do you really think Biden/ Harris is the team to beat Mr Trump?

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

I bet u $50 on Biden winning right? That should tell u your answer right there.

Trump doomed himself because of his incredible incompetence and bungling of Covid-19. It’s to the point where Trumpers are saying Trump will win because “it’s God’s plan.” Desperate much?

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  15. generalthade_03

Yes bro, Clutch will be a happy man soon regardless of the outcomes.
    You didn’t answer my question, out of all of the candidates, why Biden/ Harris if you want to win?

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This debate is interesting but in the end I doubt Harris makes much of a difference either way. Like it or not this election is really about one person. That is Trump.

This election is more a referendum on the incumbent than it ever was. Trump demands it. He himself makes sure that he is the center of attention and as such is as polarizing as can be.

With all due respect for some of those who say they anent going to support Biden because of Harris did you ever seriously consider you would if it came down to who the VP pick was?

Its your vote and you are free to use it or not use it. That is your right. That said you might not vote for Trump but a vote for someone else on this election is that you’re willing to accept another Trump term.

As for those on the Right who are claiming that Harris seals Trump victory. Would you have seriously considered voting for Biden if he had picked someone else? I mean if it was Biden Yang would you have switched your allegiance?

Deckard, Amiga, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

the incumbent LBJ was not on the ticket

i had watched a webcast by Maddow on why LBJ decided not to seek re-election:

anti-war protests were everywhere, the Paris peace (between S and N Viet) talk was ongoing; incumbent LBJ opted not to run after learning that tricky dick asked General Chennault's Chinese widow, also a VP w the Flying Tigher Airline, to use back channels to ask the N Viet delegates to delay the peace talk
    until after the US election, w the innuendo that a President Nixon would be in the best interest of the Viet Congs

this was the first instance of foreign interference of a US presidential election​

#697 adoo, Aug 11, 2020
  18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

It is a big deal. Harris could be president someday. Theoretically, she could be with us until 2036. It's getting less and less attractive as the hours pass.

A vote for someone who doesn't win is not a wasted vote. All those Hillary votes were wasted?

OMG: I might vote for a woman for president in 2020!

19. generalthade_03

I might have given a second thought if it was Yang and somebody else but not Biden. Biden is old and washed up, we need energy and fresh ideas in this AI and digital age.

davidio840 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Dems are winning in 2020 regardless of if Biden is or isn’t the best candidate because Trump is that horrific. Maybe it would be an issue if Trump had handled Covid-19 much better, but it’s been a huge flop for him. In an ideal world, Biden wouldn’t be the nominee. It’s too bad so many alleged Bernie supporters don’t vote.

I fail to see why Kamala Harris is some bad choice as VP. She’s well known, was a popular choice for the pick among likely voters, and will increase voter turnout.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.