1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I disagree, primary wise, Biden doesn't do much to overwhelmingly disconnect himself from the dislike of the status quo/elite/corrupt/DC insider from, etc statuses that plagued Hillary - from the group on the left that dislikes those things and votes. (again not referring to the general). On the other hand, Hillary offering the country their 1st women president was a tremendous pull within the primary, IMO.

Hillary was also much sharper then Joe. Those two things combined, along with help from the DNC and media, made Hillary a strong opponent against Bernie. Biden isn't as strong, and because of that Bernie is the front runner this year.

Now in the general, I agree Biden would be better then Hillary was.

2. Major

Major Member

We're seeing in the vote totals in every state so far that Bernie 2020 is underperforming Bernie 2016. Obviously there are more candidates so it's not a problem for his chances at winning, but it suggests that many people voting for him in 2016 have moved to a more moderate candidate (since everyone is more moderate than Bernie). That tells us either the electorate has shifted to the middle, or many of Bernie's 2016 votes were simply anti-Hillary votes that now have options more to their liking.

arkoe and Jayzers_100 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't think so, I don't think the majority of voters focus on the moderate vs progressive thing. People have different reasons for who they vote for. From liking candidate's personalities, liking temperaments/humor/speech patterns, liking youth, liking experience, liking female candidates, liking outsiders etc. I think relatively few voters are intuned with where candidates land on the political scales.

Explain why Bernie is the most common 2nd choice for Biden and Buttigieg supporters with the theory of people solely picking candidates based on the progressive/moderate thing?

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

It's just not how people vote. Bernie's total numbers are being hurt just as much as Biden's due to the field being packed, when it thins out they won't all jump behind Biden like everybody tends to think, they will likely split pretty evenly.

4. Major

Major Member

That's very possible - and if true, Bernie likely does run away with the nomination. Hopefully we get to find out sooner rather than later - I'm hopeful that Amy/Pete/Warren all drop out on Tuesday night, with Bloomberg coming soon after.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Mayor Pete is dropping out today with an announcement shortly.

Will he endorse Biden?

joshuaao and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

Holy crap - that's amazing. And yes, he 100% should endorse Biden (or someone). It's his best chance to be relevant - these jokers that wait until June to endorse after they know who's going to win are bizarre.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I expect him to say he saw no path to the presidency and reassert his belief that we can't nominate a radical to stop Trump. He'll say that continuing the race would only have damaged the party and helped Bernie and then endorse Biden.

joshuaao and ElPigto like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Good news for Biden.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

As risky as a Sanders nomination might be to win the general (I'm not so sure), Biden appears to be in incipient senility (it's noticeable in comparison to how lucid Trump and Sanders are). And there are still 8 months to go.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Pete dropped out, Warren/Amy will stay in until after Tuesday to help curb Bernie's delegates in Minny/Mass, where Bernie is polling very well.

joshuaao likes this.
  11. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think its actually better news for Bernie. We'll see Tuesday night

12. TheresTheDagger

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He was talking to a wealthy person. Did you not catch that? Blatantly obvious he wasn’t referring to the rest of the crowd

AleksandarN, Nook and RocketsLegend like this.
  14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

ISO JOE is back

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Wow... what a coincidence!

Ottomaton, AleksandarN, Nook and 3 others like this.
  17. KingCheetah

Amy is out will endorse Biden.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I wonder were Bloomberg plays into this with two major moderate candidates dropping out in 2 days?

Is he too going to back Biden and throw money his way? It's obvious that Bernie not being the nominee is the number one goal currently by the DNC. Bloomberg also has that same desire. I wonder which is more important to him currently. His ego or not wanting Bernie as President?

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is the type of **** that makes people not trust our justice system. Lasting damage the Trump sladmin is doing.