1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were. Trump disbanded the Pandemic response team and close their office. Trump has set about undoing as much of everything Obama did.

Nook, dookiester, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nevermind. No point.

#2382 CometsWin, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    the11mingdynasty and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Link?

4. dmoneybangbang

....15 second clip?

Well if that's the best you can do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Yup and yet when there is real accountability as when Cuomo sent infected patients into nursing homes that caused mass deaths, crickets.

Wattafan likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how many are mass deaths for you?

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Obama asked for more funding for Pandemic response and preparedness in 2014. Republicans denied him.

In 2016 Obama created the Pandemic Response office as part of the National Security Council.

Obama also created a 70-page Pandemic response paybook detailing the steps to take in case of a pandemic and how to do them.

Obama also created a $200,000,000 Pandemic early warning system called PREDICT that funded staff in foreign countries to help study and prepare for possible outbreaks including in Wuhan China. Trump canceled that months before the Covid19 emerged.

Trump ignored that playbook and preparation.

Trump disbanded the Pandemic Response team and closed the office. He has made numerous contradictory claims about it. Trump claimed he didn't close it, that it did close under his administration but that he didn't know who did it, and then that he was right in closing the office.

These are links that show all of that. Obama took multiple actions to bolster and prepare the nation for a Pandemic. Trump ended or ignored all of those actions once he assumed leadership. Our nation is now suffering. We are the worst developed nation in handling this pandemic.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/ebola-response

https://www.thenewstribune.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/article241563986.html

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...ra-nsc-pandemic-prep-document-politico-2020-3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...eft-behind-no-game-plan-coronavirus-outbreak/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...0de09c-6491-11ea-acca-80c22bbee96f_story.html

https://apnews.com/ce014d94b64e98b7203b873e56f80e9a

Nook, B-Bob, the11mingdynasty and 7 others like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After dealing with H1N1 and Ebola the Obama Admin was very aware of the dangers of the another pandemic. They left a lot of resources for the Trump Admin. which they not only ignored but dismantled.

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Absolutely. I thought that had been established already at this point. I was surprised to see @Wattafan touting a different narrative, and when countered asking for links. I probably overestimated the general awareness of these facts.

10. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What accountability does Cuomo have to me as a resident of Texas?

The Trump administration is who I hold accountable for dismantling a federal pandemic response plan, employing wishful thinking and denial for two months, encouraging premature openings of states without viable contact tracing program, turning masks into a culture war issue and responding to a genuine crisis in a way that only a bankrupt reality television star could.

#2390 mtbrays, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    Nook, B-Bob, dobro1229 and 6 others like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This might be willful ignorance.

Last week I had a Trumper tell me that he never heard of anyone on the Right showing up at a protest armed. I posted the pic from the MI anti-lockdown protest and the one of the MN anti-lockdown protests. I reminded him that he himself had posted about the MN anti-lockdown protester and knew people who went to it.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How did that go over?:D

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Did a bit of my own research on this one.
    From what I read, most of the task force were reassigned to similar posts in his own idea of a response effort - one can understand a different philosophy from another political party.
    Whether or not Obama's would have been better is subjective.
    Still wondering if a National stockpile was created. Both Obama and Trump had plenty of time.

15. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The national stockpile was created previous to the Obama administration. It was partially depleted during Obama's administration with various viruses, hurricanes etc. It was not empty and there were many thousands of ventilators available and ready.

Of course if Trump had followed the playbook left by Obama's team, increased supplies and stockpiles would have been ready. Trump failed to do it.

RayRay10 and vlaurelio like this.
  16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you are really trying to blame Obama for Trumps handling of the coronavirus you are just a straight up hack. You are more credible blaming aliens or Bill Gates.

RayRay10, Blatz, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obama didn’t Use the presidency to stop the pandemic from happening and you can’t tell Me otherwise

RayRay10 and Blatz like this.
  18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Also, Trump had 3 years to replace the depletion, yet didn't

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

?
    Ready?
    If they were available then they would have used during the Great Ventilator Shortage.
    This playbook left by Obama - what was it fashioned from? The CDC and WHO playbooks? The same ones Trump would have used?
    Are they insufficient or defunct in some way?

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's funny because while many states never got their requests fulfilled (especially blue states), and while many still have outstanding requests, we've been able to ship vents overseas.