1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

There are some posters here who obviously play along at the Political narrative and kinda suck and some that differ And say hey maybe my side isn’t right in this regard ...I won’t name names but they know who they are

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

intellectual diversity is certainly the hallmark of the D&D

jcf and RayRay10 like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

~Swing and a miss~

I actually think there is a lot of intellectual diversity and some nuance if you look for it and ignore the trolls like yourself.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yes home run cuz! You told him to ignore himself ...let’s do a imaginative high five

5. dmoneybangbang

I mean I quipped about how Biden needs to watch out... and you and Fisher were quick to correct me about the trends.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  6. Major

Major Member

There's a lot of intellectual diversity here amongst people who post their own thoughts - we saw it quite a bit during the early parts of the Democratic primary. Not so much, maybe, amongst people that just post Ann Althouse articles but don't engage with any of their own thoughts.

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think correct you is too strong a phrase, my issue was with you seeming to say the huge protest where still happening.

What I do take offence with is you claiming some kind of group think on my part.

This was not an attack I just wanted to push back a bit.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

~Swing and a huge miss~

Carlos Gomez is laughing at you.

rocketsjudoka and RayRay10 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Or Turley articles.

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Then you misunderstood and/or misread.

And I just commented how both you and SamFisher were quick to "comment". Same thing when I mentioned I was worried about Biden getting out there and campaigning in earnest.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2020/07/i-saw-that-city-of-seattle-had.html

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well to be fair there is a pretty large consensus in the D&D that you are a disingenuous clown. I guess that could be called "group think". But on most other topics there is a healthy diversity of opinion.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

deserves its own poll

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

New Biden ad...

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I brought this up in the other thread. I don't think the law and order issue is that much of a hypothetical and I think it is the one area that Biden needs to be careful.

In Minneapolis the last few weekends there have been several shootings with a few with double digit victims. A few days ago a pregnant woman was killed and a few days before that a 7 year old was shot. There still is a push to defund / disband the MPD and the City Council has already committed to it but this isn't a universally accepted in Minnesota or even Minneapolis. There have been protest now to stop the violence and even calls in the communities that have the most people of color that LE is still needed. Minneapolis won't go Republican but this is becoming a campaign issue in the state while Trump ads are loaded up with images of Minneapolis.

With things like the killing of the 8 year old in Atlanta, continued violence in Chicago and other cities this has the potential of being a potent campaign issue depending on how things play out the rest of the year.

I will agree though with other posters that a lot of this also depends on what Trump does and ham handed moves like his walk to the church help the Democrats.

Nook, joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Repped for Go Go Gomez reference. He wasn't one of my favorites but he sure was entertaining.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Stuff like this I see as "the lady doth protest too much." Jordan Peterson has made fame and fortune pushing "traditional conservative" values. While most of intelligentsia is liberal there are plenty of people willing to not just listen to but follow and pay those on the other side.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I actually agree that the spike in shooting incidents will be great fodder for Trump and Republicans and the defund movement is a negative, I just don't think those issues will move the needle much for Trump but they could be a boon to down ticket Republicans and Senators.

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. dmoneybangbang

It's clear the Trump campaign is pushing really hard into it which may get some of those older silent majority voters back.

The longer the unrest goes on, the more Trump will put it on Joe "You ain't black" Biden. He's going to campaign on Biden being pro anarchy, pro BLM, pro crime, pro lawlessness.

RayRay10 likes this.