1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn’t need one, he can simply say he has one. Trump kicked that door open and it isn’t likely to close. Biden would be able to just about do anything he wants if he chooses to go that route. The Supreme Court can try stopping him.

Scary isn’t it? Having precedent set.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty sure Obama set it :p

RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

It started to really expand under Bush post 9/11... Obama could have stopped it but expanded it... Trump has kicked the door in.

I am not just talking about EO. Control of the Justice Department etc.

We are going to see all the people that complained about it under Trump go silent when Biden does it and all the Trump supporters that loved it will suddenly claim Biden is a dictator... something something state’s rights.

Someday someone as bright as Obama and as corrupt as Trump will take office and elections will be a mere formality.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Completely agree. If Biden does not support HR1 and other corruption reforms then I’ll personally say now that I’ll back a primary in 24 from the left.

To be fair though, Nobody should confuse Obama’s use of the EO with Trumps massive abuse of his power. Obama was very clear in his press conference for DACA that this is a band aid that needs Congressional legislation to stand as law.

Also if Obama wanted to pass reforms on things like DOJ independence (which is vital now) he would have had to do it in his first 100 days but he chose health insurance expansion. There’s just no way a John Boehner run House and later a Mitch McConnell run Senate would work with Obama’s White House on anything that took power away from GOP president in 2013 or 2017. These reforms must come the Democratic Party moving forward because the Republican Party is pretty clearly intoxicated with the idea of autocracy and Putin’s Russia.

But yes now if Biden wins and the Dems take back the Senate I think the first legislation passed should be sweeping anti corruption focused and should take major power away from the executive branch. Starting with the role of the Attorney General.

Deckard, Nook, DVauthrin and 2 others like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious what EO has Trump or Obama issued that would have similar scope of mandating that every American wear a mask in public?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that's the real question. pretty much hasn't happened

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Took a while to find the 'Joe' thread. It should be retitled to the 'Creepy Joe' thread with all the content out there. Here's my first contribution as an ode to @NewRoxFan, although I can't copy/paste as fast as him:

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#RentFree

9. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

:D lol!!! Dude owns me. Have they coined Biden Deranged Syndrome yet (BDS)? I'm practicing social distancing and wearing a mask so public doesn't catch it from me. It's awful.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I can post my social media streams so you can follow me easier. I will warn you its mostly fantasy football and technology content, but since I seem to dominate your every waken thought, I'd hate for you to miss a single word.

btw, your trumpian nicknames aren't even up to date... your hero seems to want to switch to "swampy" since "creepy" and "crazy" caused confusion with his base who can't decide if he is talking about himself...

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Man how pathetic are you gonna become.

This has been posted about 6 months ago.

Sad.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The fact that he has free Lincoln Project attack ads running is a huge coup.

#2174 SamFisher, Jul 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Old news much? You know Trump is tanking hard when he’s re-tweeting stuff from months ago. If I had kids I’d let “Creepy Joe” babysit them. It’s a non-story. I wouldn’t elect Trump dog catcher if the choice were between him and a cat

16. NewRoxFan

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

When clips from the photo op that you gassed protesters to create shows up multiple times in your opponent's ads, you ain't doing photo ops right. The way Trump handled the Bible was just... not great photo posing on his part.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. NewRoxFan

... and while trump is playing defense (whining about how he is being treated), Joe Biden is scoring points with jabs...

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Grandma-Boxing-GIF.gif

RayRay10 likes this.