1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Joe 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Apr 25, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Because one is based in genuine activism when the stakes mattered when it wasn't cool for everyone to do it and the other is merely Obama chosing him because he's politically expedient for general elections.

You understand one is significanltly more authentic and the other is political musical chairs.

Biden also has some negative aspects in his record that Bernie simply doesn't have or doesn't have to nearly the same extent.

Biden was active against busing and was praised for comprising with racial segregationists. He helped AUTHOR the infamous crime bill that resulted in even more disproportionate black inmates.

#2041 fchowd0311, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

None of the other candidates said a black woman as USSC Justice. Consider in the history of the court there's only been two black justices and four women, two of which were appointed by Obama. Having a black woman sit on the court would be significant in many ways.

Also regarding Biden being the worst. As I said he wasn't near the top for me but second worst? Worst than Tim Ryan, Tulsi Gabbard, Joe Sestak, or Marrianne Williamson. Really? You would support any of those guys over Biden?

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  3. fchowd0311

Your premise is that Biden is "involved in the black community" and Bernie isn't. So I'm asking the distinction between the two that makes you certain of your premise.

4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Biden pulled back the curtain and revealed his truly racist view of blacks. He thinks blacks can't think for themselves and they need his help to make it in this world. Highly insulting. Republicans on the other hand, TRUST THE PEOPLE, and want to empower them to make decisions for themselves. Big difference.

B@ffled likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

I should have been more clear. "Candidates that had a reasonable shot at winning the nomination".

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem saying that Sanders is more authentic than Biden that said it was still 50 years ago. Also again Biden wasn't GH Bush to Reagan or LBJ to JFK as VP. He played an important role in the administration and wasn't their scheming for his own chance. Biden could've just taken the position and then just added it to his resume while biding his time for Obama's Presidency to end. He didn't he took risks such as leading the lobbying effort on ACA and pushing Obama to support same sex marriage.

I understand you don't like Biden, so do I, you're smarting over Sanders loss, understandable. To claim though that Biden is essentially an empty suit just isn't true. He's an a very flawed candidate who annoys the crap out of me a lot but he is capable, has done a lot and does have proposals that he's running on.

RayRay10 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

So your only answer basically to why black voters should prefer Biden is because he was Obama's VP?

Again, if you are going to claim that Bernie's solutions aren't specially targeted towards black people such as M4A then the ACA is irellevent to black voters as it isn't a targeted policy for black communties.

The black community is socially more conservative than the typical liberal voting bloc so I don't know how gay marriage helps the black community.

I think the real answer is that democrat primary voters in general were convinced that Biden is the most "electable" in the general which has nothing to do with policies and everything to do with Donald Trump. The risk of losing this election has higher stakes due to Trump therefore we must pick the "safe" choice. It's sad that Biden is the "safe" choice.

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Biden arriving at the DNC Convention

[​IMG]

Nook, generalthade_03 and KingCheetah like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

After the 2020 election it's going to switch from pandemic to dem panic...

HO HO HO

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Biden is the safe choice because he appeals to those white, non college blue collar workers that are part of Trump’s base in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Trump cannot win without winning all 4 of those states.

Jayzers_100 and baller4life315 like this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Pot, meet Kettle.

12. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. how did you feel about rush limbaugh saying that the only reason colin powell endorsed obama was because he was black?

speaking of racist comments, were you also offended when trump said that an american born federal judge could not do his job properly b/c he was mexican?

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/27/us/the-black-caucus-once-a-foe-enjoys-soft-money-games.html

I keep on bringing up the Congressional Black Cacaus because it seems like the only other reason besides "Obama's VP" defenders of Biden use to explain why Biden is adored by the black community. Black Congressional leaders endorse Biden and therefore black communties "trust" Biden.

My problem is that the Congressional Black Cacaus has lost its way. Once a champion against soft money power in DC, they are now part of the system of corporate bribing. Many of them aren't good faith actors in the sense that their intent is to serve their districts rather than enrich themselves from their powerful positions.

I'm not going to speak for the entire African American community but in my humble opinion as an outsider, black communties should change their leadership and chose candidates who aren't grifting from their position like the majority of DC politicans.

Let's be clear here. The ONLY reason members of the Congressional Black Cacaus endorsed Biden is because they know endorsing him isn't going to risk their promised board postions and promised campaign donations form insurance and pharmaceutical companies. Even if Bernie's and Warren's policy postions help the poor urban black community more than Biden's positions, their fear of losing donor money and post office gifts such as board seats is going to be their primary motivation in all their decision making. They will only serve their communties if it first doesn't effect their enrichment from their position. This is sadly the case for the vast majority of DC legislators in both the House and Senate.

14. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

So as an OUTSIDER you want to Express your insights on who the BLACK community should be voting to lead their leadership...

But yet we see from your community you have TRUMP as your leadership... So before throwing rocks, make sure you don't live in a GLASS house..

I'm not saying that the Congressional Black Cacaus has not made mistakes and could do better... But you should be focused on your own issues before stepping into our house and telling us how to run ours.....

T_Man

15. fchowd0311

Look dude. Your motivation to tell me to stay in my lane has nothing to do with me saying that the Congressional Black Caucus first priority today isn't serving the black community first. If has do with with your affinity towards Biden.

Trust me, if Bernie won the nomination because of the black vote, many non black posters here would make comments on how Bernie's policies and not being pragmatic is going to harm the black community and you probably wouldn't make some sort of similar comment towards them because you already agree with it.

Many of the members of the CBC aren't making "mistakes". They are are flat out grifting their position as federal legislators. That isn't a mistake. It's their desire and intent.

And what do you mean by "my community"? If Trump is "my leader" then he is yours today. Is that comment trying to suggest I like Trump?

My entire motivation here is to chose someone to replace Trump. Trump isn't "my leader" in the sense that I respect him. I think my post history makes that self-evident.

16. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Dude you’re doing the same thing you’re accusing Biden of; telling black people who they should support and saying they’re wrong for throwing their weight behind Biden lol.

jiggyfly and RayRay10 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

There is a difference between believing in certain solutions for poor communties and believing everyone in that community have the same opinions and agree with me.

I would never say that someone isn't black because they don't support what I percieve as the correct solutions.

Also your premise basically means that any non black person such as Warren, Pete or Bernie shouldn't make any policy proposals that help these communties because that is essentially telling those communties that they know what's best.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Idk I think they all care personally. The GOP doesn’t and they know a chunk of their base is appreciative of that. Now someone like Romney might’ve tried to make inroads, but Trump nah. The democratic president in 2020 is more likely to sign legislation approved by Congress that aids POC. Not the case with Trump. Black voters are the same as white voters as far as wanting whichever democrat can beat trump. Biden was always the strongest choice out of the field

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

pandering at its most awkward!

RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This is every bit as bad as Biden saying you are not black if you vote for Trump.

Who the hell are to say the Black Caucus has lost its way, how condescending this is.

And the next bolded part is even worse, how can you be so sure you know that's the only reason are you saying the Black Cacaus is only out for themselves and greedy.

This is why Sanders lost, his supporters are so sanctimonious and act like everybody else is stupid.

Basically you are saying the Black Caucus because they are not Sanders supporters means they are only out for themselves, really dude?

RayRay10, Nook and Jayzers_100 like this.