1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 23, 2023.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Good question.

But the Jags have one of the biggest following in the NFL. Remember there London pull.

I used to be naive to the fact that games are rigged or not, but we have legitimate proof from NBA refs that stuff like that occured. Why wouldn't it be happening? Why wouldn't the biggest money grab in American sports not be controlled that way.

The NFL takes all these hard stances on the players who have bet on other teams. Suspending them for a year plus.

It takes all the noise off them as they appear to be AGAINST it.

This world is full of greedy people.

houstonstime likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

On what planet do the Jags have one of the biggest followings in the NFL?? If you ask anyone in England, the vast, vast majority of people over there couldn't give two flying ****s about the Jaguars. And we already know they routinely struggle to sell even 50% of their stadium out on game days in Jacksonville. In fact, that's WHY they wanted to become London's team. They have no draw, and hardly any following in their own local market. And frankly, it's ridiculous to insinuate that the reffing job on Sunday was part of some bigger conspiracy coming down from the betting world because the Jaguars are beloved globally. No, the reality most likely is that this referee crew has a history of calling VERY ticky-tack DPIs, they were incompetent for the vast majority of the game, and the bad calls were just that....bad calls. Don't attribute to conspiracy what you should be attributing to stupidity and incompetence.

RunninRaven, Agent94, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  3. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

it was just bad reffing. If there was a “script” the NFL would not let us win against Burrow and the Bengals in their stadium.

Sooty and MadMax like this.
  4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sound familiar?

deb4rockets likes this.
  5. StroudAndYorDaddy

yea keep believing they arent chomping at the bit looking to get dirt on cj to tarnish his name.. TMZ lives for trashing young black athletes in situations cj is in right now. They dont like that cj uses his platform to advocate for prison reform. CJ im sure has a lock tight inner circle and is already aware of what the nfl has coming for him. The jags game was just the start

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The prison reform push is fantastic. Particularly from a kid who clearly feels his faith and is the son of a prisoner.

“Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world…..for I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me. I WAS IN PRISON AND YOU CAME TO VISIT ME.

….I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.” - Matthew 25:31-40

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

my conspiracy is the NFL wants to reward the Jags for all their London games by giving them another home playoff game. Winning the division ensures that for them. but I also think CJ Stroud is more popular the Lawrence already, and has more clout, so they are fine with the Texans beating the Jags in the playoffs. incompetent ref crew is an easy cop out but I really think there was more there. specifically the Tank in-bounds catch that was called out by the ref further away who ran to the other ref to change their mind.

I mean I really don't care so long as the Texans make the playoffs. It'd be good for the league for the Texans to make it over say, the Colts

yeah they know. NFL trollin' yo

ApacheWarrior and gfab-babyboi like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Game was fixed and the refs swallowed their whistles when they needed to and blew
    them at times when nothing was there.... conveniently

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes but they won’t have the view like they screwed us on a TD the week before

ApacheWarrior and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

There is also the known that gambling corrupts and that corruption doesn't matter if the right palms are greased. It's (fallen) human nature. The only solution is for God to restore us to himself by HIS mercy. That is JESUS and no other. Enlightenment ONLY comes upon recognition of this simple truth. Even then, most would rather walk the comfortable and well worn path to hell.

Oops! Thought I was on Patriots.win.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Care to explain why lamar got every call against herbert and why hurts got every call against allen?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t waste your time. He’s a troll, alt account

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

15. StroudAndYorDaddy

the nfl and media loves poc qbs like Lamar, hurts, Murray, etc qbs that are only in the league to market their fantasy football agenda just look at how they are so overprotective of a bum qb like Bryce young and Justin fields but trashed Jameis Winston despite Winston having the 2nd most passing yards through a players first 5 years ever also had the the 3rd most total tds in nfl history before any age 26 qb in nfl history.

Bottomline is that they secretly despise fully unapologetically non-half white black qbs THAT ARE POCKET PASSERS. The most recent fully black qbs that led the league in passing yards.. deshaun Watson, Jameis Winston and now maybe possibly cj stroud have been tarnished and had their images ruined. You don’t think it’s strange that it just so happened that these 2 and maybe cj in the future are the only black qbs that are slandered and tarnished through the media. Why was their an emphasis by the media on asking cj stroud to run more when he was one of the more elite pocket passers in college football. He was actually downgraded prior to the Georgia game because although he was winning games from the pocket he didn’t run enough for the medias liking lol

If jalen hurts wins the SuperBowl this year especially over mahomes or beats a healthy Brock purdy in the nfc championship game this yr then I will be willing to concede that the nfl has changed its ways.

lol the only instance I can even remember of a qb with that skill set winning a sb was Russell Wilson and they didn’t even give him sb mvp lol.

#1475 StroudAndYorDaddy, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  16. StroudAndYorDaddy

Deshaun Watson was also a popular qb until he wasn’t. Popularity means nothing when a simple “paid off” allegation can ruin everything that qb has achieved

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You and your conspiracy theories. It's hard to keep track.

1. NBA was against Harden because he was dark skinned unlike light skin Curry
    2. Now, NFL is against CJ because he is a fully black pocket passer? Obviously they can't be against Mahomes cause while he's a pocket passer, he is mixed. You also talk about how NFL protects Bryce Young, isn't he also a fully black pocket passer?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I agree with you.

NFL doesn't want teams going from worst to first. If the Texans won; both
    Jags and Texans could win out but the Texans would own the tie-breaker
    as Houston would have beaten the Jags twice.

NFL wants more control than Houston was going to give them.

Vegas had Jags winning the division in preseason. Easier for the
    league to drop the Jags from the leader position than come back from
    behind [ with Houston owning the tie breaker ]

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  19. StroudAndYorDaddy

bryce young could easily be in that kyler murray class qbs that constantly go 3 and out, cant sustain drives so i believe bryce young wont be a threat and will be replaced once his rookie contract ends. If Bryce started his career throwing for a lot of passing yards even if the panthers had the same record they have now then yea he would be on their radar. But his size or lack therof will unfornately be the root cause of him becoming a bust

20. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Really. In 18 of the past 20 seasons, at least one club has gone from worst to first, winning its division the season after finishing in last place. The Jacksonville Jaguars became the latest team to do so in 2022, swiping the AFC South with a win in Week 18. https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-s...andidates-to-go-from-worst-to-first-in-divisi

The league wants it to happen. The NFL preaches parity and sets up the schedule so that worse teams have easier schedules and get better draft picks. The worst thing is for teams to continually suck and lose their fan base.