1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Great Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, May 10, 2019.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

First things first, try to keep this thread positive. Miss me with the simple minded BS.

This year was a magnificent season overall. Harden had a breathtaking all time great season.

It was so bad at first and got so much better, yet ultimately ended sour. But was it one hell of a good ride.

We just played probably the closest series I've ever seen with every single game being neck to neck and talent ultimately prevailed.

We just didnt have enough and that hurts.

But, what a great season.

Kudos to the entire team for balling this year.

All this James criticism is just assinine dude balled out. Definitely not why we lost. I k ow everyone is upset, but quit trying g to feed I to this dumb narrative that its James fault.

We just didnt do all the very small things that we did last year. We just weren't talented enough.

Great season.

Heading to Vegas to wash away the pain. Be well ClutchFans.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was a Turnaround season.

Last year was a 'Greater' Season.

3. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

Not a bad season, proud of James for single-handedly turning it around, but disappointed the way it ended.

I do think though it is time to rethink the offensive philosophy of this team. Harden and CP3 both played great for most of the game but the 4th quarter execution was horrible. When the defense knows what you're going to do, when they can key in on you from full court since your best player brings it up every single time, it's just too easy to defend late in the game.

MDA probably does need to go, it's just not good enough.

Clint needs to do some soul-searching, it was a down year for him.

Harden needs to reflect on his approach to the game, he always works on his skills but now he must be more cerebral. If Kobe says that you're always in front of the defense and easier to defend with your current style play, then he probably has a point. James has the best mind in the game, but sometimes a little humility and introspection are needed to move forward.

Sooty likes this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No need to hate on the Rockets. The Warriors proved why they are champs. I'm not sure they would beat the Bucks, but they are definitely a level above our team. The Rockets were still really good this year. Who knows, they may be as good or better next year.