1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Giants @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 22, 2018.

1. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

That was not a strike lol. Would hate it to be called the other way against the Astros. Stassi must be doing a hell of a job framing.

2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nice to see us on the other end of some bad calls.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I’ve never disliked an Astro. I have certainly not been a fan of his hitting... and his defense, while good, was always in line to regress as he got older and lost a touch of speed. If he can’t hit his way back, he won’t have much more of a career.

I’m also not going to irrationally root for a guy because of his hair... but if that’s what gets you off, so be it.

4. mick fry

mick fry Member

So he does, thanks.;) He’s had plenty of time to take his game to the next level and he’s had some moments to make you think he may be turning the corner but he is what he is.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure he’s ever really had times where you may have thought he was turning the corner. He hit well over his career numbers in a non everyday role last year.

In the end, he’s more than likely a 4th or 5th outfielder type... which gives him a role on an MLB team, but expecting him to be more than that is just hair-colored glasses analysis. ;)

mick fry likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Why on earth would they lie to put him on the DL when they could have just sent him to Fresno?

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's what i'm talking about TK they should have had you up a month ago.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Maybe they prefer to have him work on things with the MLB club/coaches.

9. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

That's noble.

I hated Carlos Gomez.

King1, raining threes and mick fry like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Pretty elaborate set of falsehoods if that's the case, when a simple "sore hamstring" would have sufficed.

At least the Rockets finally started outscoring the Astros with 5 minutes left in the 1Q.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Not sure but if Davis performs you would think that’s where he will end up.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Hamstring injuries that lead players to the DL typically require some sort of imaging and/or they may have to provide a timeline of where/how it was hurt.

I expect MLB to get more stringent with injury follow-ups as several teams (esp the Dodgers) abused the new 10 day DL last year in order to preserve minor league options and create more roster opportunities.

mick fry likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Good point but if it had been let's just say Singleton he would have been sent down or released.Which i'm happy they did do that today.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

DP is in order.

15. Buck Turgidson

MLB doesn't seem to care, muscle & joint soreness were the de facto excuses used last year by multiple teams.

I just think it's silly to believe the Astros are going through an elaborate charade and that he's not actually sick with something (hopefully nothing serious or long-term). But whatever, no point in arguing about it.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's exactly what I said... and what if its now a point of emphasis to prevent teams from abusing the DL?

In the end, Fisher should be working out his issues here anyways. He was getting plenty of everyday AB's. His weaknesses were continuing to be exploited. Unlike Marisnick who was just completely clueless/lost, Fisher was still having the ability to make solid contact for balls in the hot zone.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Hitting a whopping .176 you can believe Fisher had the ***** aka craps if you want.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Bases Juiced, zero outs

Stat-Pad could happen, near future

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

Nice job Kemp.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Tony Kemp is just a solid player. Great situational bench piece for this team, significantly more impactful than Marisnick due to his contact skills.