1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I wish some of u guys (?) could snuggle each other until the pain goes away. McHale's a Hall of Famer and who r u? Oh, an amateur Bill Simmons. I'd be pissed too if I were u. . . It's a rhyme:

I'd be pissed 2
    if I were u

Bill Simmons Jr. snuggle party 3-2-1-yay!

2. Mr. Space City

3. Mr. Space City

made this post in november of 2013 :(

seen it coming from a mile away :(

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

we were few Space City... but, we knew...

Now, everyone does... and things can only get better from here on out..

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and here we have one of the more lickety licky tongue to ass mchale apologists of the season with us. been on the heavy offensive b****ing at people in this thread all year from behind his pc, but will be sure to lay low when mchale's option isn't picked up :)

6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Blazers coach was surprised Lilliard got open so easy. Lilliard reporting they didn't know if they wanted to switch.

WHAT DOES THAT SAY? Sums up this coaching staff!

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Lol at all the Mchale apologists that ripped on us for calling out ineptitude as a head coach...almost a certainty he is fired within a few weeks..

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Pretty much. Either the Rockets have the misfortune of putting together the dumbest group of players in the NBA or they have one of the worst coaches in the NBA. I'm going with option B cuz I can't believe for a minute that no one on this team is capable of playing defense for 0.9 seconds.

9. torocan

torocan Member

Lillard said in his post-game interview that our players were still discussing whether they should be switching or not on the last play.

In other words, the players had NO idea what they were supposed to do.

That's 100% on the Head Coach when they're coming out of a time out.

If your players don't even know HOW they're supposed to defend 0.9s of the last play of the game coming out of a TIME OUT, then something is seriously, seriously wrong... and it isn't the players.

And that's not even considering who was on the floor... which was just, well... wow...

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Most, if not all, were analytics obsessed.... It bears repeating...

WHen it comes to human beings... often times, what you see is what you get...

And what are sports, and why do we have sports...?

Hmmm...

11. Karolik

Karolik Member

Ban this guy. Take McHale with him too.

12. jman7373

jman7373 Member

So when is the deadline for the team to pick up Mcfail's option? Do they usually just let it run past the deadline or will they announce that he will be gone?

13. Mr. Space City

it sucks being right about mchale all year. :(

we KNEW this would happen. even when we told people this would happen MONTHS ago and we would get flamed by the other GARM posters.

i can't even imagine the outlook on next season if they bring him back.

14. dxdx

dxdx Member

Way to go on the assumptions. You have plenty of people on this board who are analytics obsessed but yet don't conclude that McHale is a good coach.

of course, there will always be the outlying jokers like jtr around...

15. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Yo Morey! McFail needs to go! Sorry ass head coach cost us the game at the end!

16. Hmm

Hmm Member

But that do conclude (much like their "god" Morey) that coaching has little to no influence on the outcome of a game.... yet here we are...

And everyone now agrees that the biggest reason we're where we are now.... is largely due to the coaching...

Analytics has it's contributions... but, fans, and Morey need to learn that it can't be your one deciding factor...

17. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon?

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They'd have to have balls of steel and the blessings from Howard and Harden to extend Mchale's contract.

There is zero reason for a team this talented to be coached into the ground. Every time I watch that fcking shot...it makes me mad...benching Lin, our speed guard, to bring in TJones, who is a total mental midget when it comes to team defense...is baffling in it self...

Heck if you dont want Lin on Lillard, put him on Mathews...or Williams... Put Howard on the inbounds throw and he would react to the shooter...Put in DMo to just be physical with LMA for the board...and we have a freaking game 7...The coaching fail just typified our season...

We need a real Head Coach that can instill defense and offense...Jerry Sloan has my vote...

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What this team lacked the entire season was "ingame coaching/situational adjustments"

The Rockets were the worst at it...

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Kenny smith said this in one of the TNT post game shows, when a team gets blown out, that's on the players but when a team loses by a couple points, that's coaching. clearly Mchale is at fault and needs to be let go.