1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Elizabeth Warren for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Anticope

Anticope Member

This really isn't true at all. Sure, there were undoubtedly those that have always hated her but plenty of Republicans praised her as Secretary of State:

https://nondoc.com/2016/08/09/25-times-gop-praised-hillary-clinton/

I'm sure most if not all of the Republicans on this list wouldn't dare compliment her today but saying that she has always been despised is revisionist history at best.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dems have a better chance with a celebrity right now...

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yes it should have .. . .she made MAJOR mistakes. . . .

Exactly.
    Male Mean Spirited is just a funny guy who "tells it like it is"
    Female Mean Spirited .. .well she is just a b*Tch

I DON'T LIKE HILLARY
    I held my nose to vote for her
    She STINKS to me

but she was far more qualified than Trump
    She was actually about equally likeable. . .ok a bit more likeable imo
    She was in the positive at every qualification given for president
    but
    she still loss . .. . . mainly because
    1. there is a significant part of the population that just won't vote for a woman
    2. A significant portion of the population stayed home because she could not rally them to get off their sofa
    3. She was a democrat who could not pull independents
    4. A significant part of the population bought what trump was selling hook line and sinker

Hillary has twice pulled defeat from the jaws of victory . . . .. time she moved on
    Warren needs to demonstrate the ability to successfull y rally people to the polls

The people in #1 and #4 have not changed and won't
    So she really has to drill in on #2 . . .and those in #3

Rocket River

Deckard and No Worries like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Beto is a celebrity but can he sustain it for 2 years. I think he is best at VP than anything
    He has youth and energy to criss cross the country with vigor and enthusiasm

That was another mistake from Clinton . . she chose the wrong VP

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not arguing the point, but quotes from politicians don't count as evidence. They will say whatever the politics of that day demand.

6. Anticope

Anticope Member

And the politics of the day from 2009 to 2015 were demanding that Republicans like Mike Huckabee, Marsha Blackburn, Rick Perry, Lindsey Graham, Jim Inhofe, etc. praise Hillary Clinton? Huh?

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

How long before Democrat’s decide either to support her because she is a woman or reject her because she is white?

Because honestly, that is what they are boiling politics down to: demographics.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't want to check the context of all of them, so I just plucked one, the one from Rick Perry that goes "I think your efforts in trying to reform the nation’s health care system are most commendable.”

That sentence was not spoken in 2011. It was written in 1993 in a letter to Clinton urging her to consider the needs of rural workers as she crafted a healthcare proposal. So, for one, 1993 was a very different time. Two, it was written before ObamaCare, before HillaryCare, and before even RomneyCare. Three, that sentence is obviously just a bit of buttering up as a prelude to the ask. Four, when the letter hit the news again in August 2011, Perry's campaign called the plan Hillary ultimately came up with a monstrosity. I hope the other decontextualized quotes are not as misleading as that one.

Here's my source: https://dailycaller.com/2011/08/30/rick-perrys-camp-defends-1993-hillarycare-praise/ (yeah, Daily Caller sucks, but I think they can manage to provide you with the 2011 context at least).

Deckard likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

She's never going to escape this nickname -- particularly after the big DNA test -- one of the dumber political moves I've seen recently. Beyond the NA heritage she is just grating to listen to when she addresses issues outside her areas of expertise.

Deckard likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The ability to NAME/NICKNAME you opponents is large

Rocket River

13. bongman

bongman Member

i agree but you cut off the phrase that was more concerning to me about not being able to reach the uneducated. In order to win the elections,you have to cater to the uneducated. The thought of that demographic deciding the future of the nation is just terrifying.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't care about the sex or age, it would be a damn shame for either candidate's election outcomes to be dictated by either of those factors.

I like Bernie's policies more and I find him to be more consistent and trustworthy.

15. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Disagree with about everything here.

17. KingCheetah

It really is but it doesn't have to be a specific nickname... Ford uncoordinated and bumbling, Carter hick peanut farmer, Reagan senile, Bush wimp, Qualye moron, Clinton womanizing redneck, etc. Some stick some are brushed aside - in Warren's case the nickname reminds people she told a silly lie which plants the seed that she exaggerates everything. Her mistake was continuing to fight it instead of letting it fade away - her DNA test stunt solidified the nickname and underlying message.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

She is very attractive. How long until Trump tries to grab her?

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

20. KingCheetah

Highly electable.