1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[OFFICIAL] Cory Booker is Running for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 7, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The reason he hasn’t dropped out is because his team is quite aware of the current situation with the front runners all stabbing each other to death. He is actually a better candidate than most of them but the issue is nobody outside of political junkies really know who he is.

I think it’s smart for him to stay in and see what happens. If mayor Pete and Warren can find a way to get in the top, I think Booker can too.

The biggest wildcard here is Chief Justice Roberts in the impeachment of Trump. If he allows it, the entire trial could turn into a trial of the Biden’s. That’s what Trump and the Republicans are hoping. That’s why everyone like Booker is staying in. They understand what kind of attacks he is going to be absorbing and if the low information voters start to believe it like they did with Hillary, the party needs to be able to have fresh candidates like Booker ready to step up around the time of Super Tuesday.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I hope this gives Booker a bit of a bump

B-Bob likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's sad that he couldn't even afford to have the lights on in that janky hotel room. :oops:

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this one disappoints me. warts and all, Booker was a good candidate. hopefully he'll be back

baller4life315 and FrontRunner like this.
  8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

On one hand, I’m angry somebody like Tom Steyer was able to qualify for the last two debates, unlike Booker.

On the other hand, I can’t deny the obvious: his campaign didn’t catch momentum for a reason. You need to stand for something, and nobody knew who he really was. He punted or dodged just about every sort of make-a-distinction question at the debates in lieu of his cheesy kumbaya message. That’s an easy way to waste an opportunity where [some] voters are actually paying attention.

Much like Kamala, he has heavyweight potential as a candidate and figure in the party, but just not quite ready yet for a serious Presidential campaign. Will be up for VP consideration, though.

jiggyfly, RayRay10, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Misleading... That is a picture of Poco physically attacking Bernie Sanders.