1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it just wasn't anywhere near as bad as some let on. I think he's set to be back in about 2 weeks.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Maybe he's just acting crazy by making quick, jerky movements with no plan on where he's going next. The fact that he's moving decisively tells me that he knows he's going to go left or right before he does it...therefore, he's probably passed any concussion protocols he may have needed.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's good. I'm glad he's able to make decisions on where to run.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Frankly, the deep pass is a relic of another era that too many fans haven't moved on from. This isn;t anything new; teams do not, generally, throw a lot of deep passes any more. The vast majority of *every* passing game is within 8-10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Once the cover 2 was initiated, deep passes were essentially neutralized. And now that teams can pressure the QBs with such explosion - I mean, how many deep passes do you want to call with JJ Watt lined up against your OL? The opponent is simply too fast to drop your QB and let them sit there while a WR runs 20+-yards down field. That's why the PA deep pass was such a dagger in Kubiak's system. Suck the over-top coverage in, roll your QB to empty space, let your elite WR go get the ball one-on-one. It was devastating.

5. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I miss that Schaub - AJ roll out.

6. Mr. Clutch

Still is. That offense with Andre, Foster, Schaub and an elite OL was fun to watch.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah but one of those OLBs is dealing with a concussion and hasn't been practicing, another hasn't played in like 10 months. Add to the fact that they only have 2 backup Dlinemen.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I got him around 60 in both of my leagues. :cool:

9. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

Man, Mohamed missing a few games is going to hurt how we play TEs. I don't know if Cush is capable of covering a TE any more. I think Clowney could, but he'll be on a snap count. That is going to be rough.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I got him at 78 in my league and people questioned it.

11. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is a bummer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Texans starting inside linebacker Mike Mohamed is out two to four weeks with a calf injury, according to sources.</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/642056399971819520">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

This is one of the closest games to pick this week. It's basically a push but the Texans are at home so I give them the edge.

Texans 20
    Chiefs 17

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Watching the Pats-Steelers game and just thinking how much better a team is with a Tom Brady or even a Ben Roethlisberger.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's funny, I was thinking about how much better a team is with a Rob Gronkowski

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Especially given that having "a Ben Roethlisberger" isn't doing dick for the Steelers.

16. Buck Turgidson

Did someone really just say that football teams are better when they have a Tom Brady at quarterback?

17. Mr. Clutch

Me too.

18. Mr. Clutch

Teams are better with better players.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Gronk is basically the JJ Watt of TE's. There's just no one close to as good as he is, it's basically unfair.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Fixed