1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros vs. Yankees ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Have you ever made a positive comment on this board about the Astros? You seem 90% negative, minimum.

You are a disgrace to Brad Jordan.

lw17 and whiskeyred like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Let me go search for your post trashing Houston teams and praising South Oklahoma teams.

banzai likes this.
  3. awc713

awc713 Member

Just wanted to pop in and say this:

we’re winning it in 7. Long series. Just one game. No need to overreact. Offense has been difficult, but such is life in the playoffs. We’ve faced excellent pitchers, who cares. Hinch will put this one behind us and move forward. This team thrives when it’s back is against the wall.

Go Stros! Don’t lose faith! Don’t overreact!

#803 awc713, Oct 13, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    mikol13, banzai, The Beard and 6 others like this.
  4. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Yeah.. Bend over.

Tomstro likes this.
  5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What is this slump I keep hearing about from last postseason? The pitching failed them in two games where the offense scored 5 and 6 runs and a 2 run HR was stolen from them in the game they scored 6 in a loss. 8 games from last postseason:
    7 runs - W
    3 runs - W
    11 runs - W
    7 runs - W
    5 runs - L
    2 runs - L
    6 runs - L
    1 run - L

JunkyardDwg and The Beard like this.
  6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yeah...why are you on this board? Your teams reside in DFW.

7. BonziWellsGOAT

I mean they played the Orioles just as many times. The Jays aren't good either

KelvinCato13 and The Beard like this.
  8. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Where's the research you mentioned?

You bend over because your argument is lame.

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

It’s just one game. We win tonight and we’re back on track. They have to face Cole in the shadows on Tuesday. Good luck with that.

astros123, Gray_Jay, awc713 and 2 others like this.
  10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

One lost is bad, but is not the end of the world, if we won today, then everything will be fine.

awc713 likes this.
  11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Time to put on our big boy pants and represent!!!

mikol13 and awc713 like this.
  12. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Again, they need to just relax. They have a great offense, that's run into a bit of a slump. And perhaps some adulteration of the ball---I'm surprised Hinch didn't ask the umps to look at Tanaka's hat or other gear.

No reason to think that Springer and Correa won't figure it out. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Correa was hurt. Again.

13. raj87

raj87 Member

Let’s see if the umpire calls a tighter strike zone for Paxton. That would go a long way towards getting these bats going.

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Every team does, that's just how baseball works

This time of year a lot of people start to "root" for the team that aren't really baseball fans, and they don't really understand how baseball works. That's the source of many pages of gibberish on this thread

We have a historically good offense, whatever happens this next week won't change that, although it will have huge implications on whether or not we get to our 3rd World Series or not

snowconeman22 and BigM like this.
  15. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

One game, just one game

16. HookemHorns1250

The amount of people that completely lost their minds yesterday is insane. It's one thing to say "Yeah, we played like crap", it's another to say the series is over, the team doesn't want it as bad, (I HATE THAT), etc.

I like our chances with Verlander/Cole the next two games. Offense will have to show up, and I believe they will.

Lets go Stros!

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

18. astros123

astros123 Member

Im sure Vegas is much smarter then both of us combined. Quit looking for excuses. This team was a heavy heavy favorite and it will be a choke if we lose. This year is our window. How do hiii expect us to be better next year? Brantley didnt have any injuries for the first time in his career. Springer is on the wrong side of 30. Tuve whos been our most productive hitter this postseason is another year older. Do we really trust McCullers as our #3?

Obviously, in no way am i saying this series over. I think Game 1 was a miust win for the Yanks. This is our year and i still have full faith we win it all

I don't understand why you dont take your beef with him to the GARM. No one here gives a flying fk or 2 ***** about yalls beef or **** talking. Were trying win a fkin pennant here. Take ur **** elsewhere for fks sakes.

lw17 likes this.
  19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Yeah the doom and gloom is a bit annoying, considering we're one game in to a best of seven series. We got JV and Cole going in the next two games on full rest. So these next two games are the key for us. The bats need to come alive, but that they haven't isn't totally on the players. They have faced tough pitching, as is usually the case in the playoffs. Just gotta find a way to manufacture some runs.

I also don't get the whole "this season is a total failure" mindset if we don't win another title. Let's not pretend the Astros are the only team trying to win. Pretty sure 29 other teams head into the season hoping to raise a banner, however lofty that goal is for them. And i also don't think it's fair to say the Astros are clear favorites. The AL had THREE 100 win teams in the playoffs and a 96 win team with elite pitching depth. We're playing a 103 win Yankee team that was leading the AL for much of the season. We both have great offenses, their bullpen may be a bit better but our starting rotation trumps theirs. This is a pretty even matchup. If the Yankees win they will have earned it.

But the series is far from over. These guys have a ton of heart and plenty of experience. Consider the recent WS winners have fallen by the wayside. The Royals suck again, Cubs have underperformed, and Boston had a major hangover. But here are our Astros, 3 consecutive 100 win seasons and division titles, 3 straight ALCS appearances and 4 straight playoffs. I'll take that all day every. If our Golden Age yields only one World Series win it'll be disappointing but one is better than none. Go ask Dodgers fans how they feel.

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

The fk you talking about? My beef with whom?

*confused*