1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

I disagree. There's a ton of casual fans that are going to turn their back from the team.
    I'm just a realist. I bleed Astros and ill always support the team. I'm also not drinking this Koolaid that everyone else seems to be drinking. It is pretty evident the Astros cheated and most likely cheated after the MLB warned the league. The front office has that win no matter ivy league type of attitude. I'm not even mad that they cheated, but I'm mad that they cheated and let so many people in the circle. MLB is going to cover their ass and throw the book at us. There's absolutely no way they're going open a wide league investigation right before the next CBA.

A lot of fans, most seem to think the Astros are completely innocent and its a conspiracy. Once the truth comes out I think a lot of people will turn the other way UNTIL we win another ring. I don't give a **** and ill support the team no matter. They'll be MY cheaters if they do get caught.

Hopefully this is a one huge reverse jinx and we're completely innocent. I still pray the latter is true.

#1261 astros123, Dec 16, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    Htown Legend likes this.
  2. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

There's a ton of casual fans who know next to nothing about this scandal.

King1, crose, prospecthugger and 3 others like this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

What do you call a 3rd starter who won’t last till September and will be left off the playoff roster?

A 5th starter...

He’s basically what Fiers was in 2017... without the no-hitter. Yes, at his best he was better... but his inability to finish the season is a major red flag.

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

And without the snitching :D

5. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I guarantee the people buying tickets. Those who buy jerseys & tshirts at academy don't give two bucks about Osuna nor the sign stealing scandal.

JunkyardDwg and raining threes like this.
  6. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I respect your passion.

7. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Is Astros123 one of those?

8. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

100% wont have any affect on ticket sales no matter what the case is. Going to the game for most is just having something to do with friends, going on a date, family time, etc., and as long as they are winning, people will always show up. Once it’s no longer “cool” to go to the games (i.e. something worth putting up on your Snapchat or IG), that’s when the casual fans will stop showing up. The only people there during the 100 loss days are true junkies, and I can confirm those days suck...it’s the worst sport by far to go watch when your team is trash.

RustyHarden and raining threes like this.
  9. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Have you ever heard of a team called the New England Patriots? The team that has already been caught cheating multiple times and appears to be going for a third and has an owner who gets his d*** sucked in a hole in the wall Asian massage parlor in broad daylight while bragging about who he was to the girls in there?

What happened to their casual fans? Why has no one turned their back on them?

RustyHarden, jklb and raining threes like this.
  10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Has the Kluber the Rangers deal been discussed at all on here? I just scanned and didn’t see a thing...

11. prospecthugger

Let's wait 2 years before we say that...

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep....just go into the search function, enter Kluber, and you will see some discussion

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not disputing they are guilty what I am disputing is the fact you think fans will stop turning out because of it.

There has never been a fan base who stoped going to games because of a cheating scandal, why are Astros fans different?

The majority of fans who think they are innocent will continue to do so or say everybody does it and it will not stop them from going to games.

everyday eddie and Nick like this.
  14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

This is 100% true

Just look at the steroids scandal. It was very public, the diehard fans knew which players were and weren't using for the most part, the casual fans knew there was a big steroids scandal going on involving players from almost every team

And attendance exploded throughout baseball. In fact baseball had just gone through a bad downturn in attendance due to the work stoppage, fans didn't return in large numbers until the steroid era brought us huge numbers of HR..."Chicks dig the long ball"

If we win MMP will be packed, if we struggle (We won't, not for a while) THEN the casual fans will stop showing up

jiggyfly and Nick like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Agreed.

you don’t even need to look back that far. This franchise and fan base survives the 4 years where they were god-awful and intentionally losing, with tv ratings literally registering a 0.0. Now they’re more popular than ever.

They’ll be fine. Only the truly moronic would think otherwise.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

As long as Altuve, Bregman, Correa, Springer, JV, and Greinke are on this team, no casual fan is going to give two flying ****s about the scandal. It's mostly social media outrage culturists, Yankee blowhards, and shitstains like Evan Drellich that are even clamoring for the super severe punishments.

17. SuraGotMadHops

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! Unfortunately, most people nowadays get their impressions from Twitter where the culturists thrive, it poisons reality and its toxic as all hell. It's also why Harden is so irrationally hated.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Vote for anyone but Jomboy. Though looking by the replies he seems very popular.

19. ktex

ktex Member

What happened to the Correa trade that the dog broke?

20. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

AL West going to be a lot tougher. Rangers, A’s, and Angels all will be improved, especially if the Rangers add a couple bats as expected. Mariners will still suck tho.