1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Amy Klobuchar for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 10, 2019.

1. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Unfortunately the wealthy are the only ones that are in position to pay a significant amount of taxes without taking food off their family's table. It is what it is. I agree with you on entitlements. The entitlements I would most like to see cut back or all together eliminated are the entitlements that go to politicians themselves. For instance, I would like to see politicians have the exact same health care options that the rest of us have. No free and better quality health insurance for politicians. Once a politician gets into the trough his or her appetite and sense of entitlement becomes in most cases immoral. They are supposed to be public servants but unfortunately they do not see it that way.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  2. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

She's doing it stupid. Former employees are going to keep leaking specific stories of her anger outbursts throughout her campaign. She should get them all out now.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

To me its such a small story that unless she is physically assaulting staff or verbally abusing them I'd go with her explanation...

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Nor a basic understanding of climate vs weather. This one qualifies for the "Stupid Trump Tweets" thread.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow, tough crowd!

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Looks like they're about to cross the Delaware not run for President.

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

No one is really going to care if she was nasty to her staff. Have you seen what is in the White House? Have you seen how he treats people?

This is the new reality, at least for now.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah or some sort of Game of Thrones promo.

It isn't a big deal but I found it odd too.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I wonder how much if this is millennial snowflake types who are just not up to the task whining and playing the victim.

Since I am just an observer commenting from the cheap seats (I will not be voting for any of the Democrats in the primaries), it really is not critical to me to get to the bottom of these accusations. But to someone who is thinking about voting for her, they might want to try to dig into this a little deeper.

Anyway, high expectations are important and if she needs to get rid of some people to find the ones that are willing and able to help her to try and maintain those in what she considers to be the right way, that is fine. A substantial number of these millennial types seem to think that their employment is all about them, their immediate happiness and the priority needs to be on them being accommodated and coddled every step of the way. I would imagine that this expectation might be magnified towards an employer who is a woman and who comes across to many people as extremely "nice". Some of her employees might very well see that as a vulnerability and try to manipulate her by acting out.

Then again, if these stories are legitimate, then Democrat who are considering whether to vote for her will need to determine how important this is to them.

While I will say I really do not know what is going on here, this smacks of her enemies and others trying to exploit the vulnerability of her simultaneous niceness together with an expectation that there are going to be certain standards in her office, and that a number of the people who have or who are working there just do not make the cut.

jcf likes this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Klobuchar 2020: Winter is Coming

On the real, she is currently my fave candidate in the mix. And oh, we have so many options.

justtxyank and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm f***ing triggered by this, not gonna lie. I can no longer handle this idiot's misunderstanding of basic concepts. Even if one completely denies global warming; a Minnesota blizzard on a random day in February has no bearing whatsoever on the overall conversation. I'm about tired of lawyers and (now) real estate moguls becoming presidents. We should encourage renowned biologists, mathematicians, etc to run for office. I'm tired of this illogical nonsense.

mdrowe00, Nook and seemoreroyals like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol. tell us what you really think. :D

13. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's a bald xenophobic buffoon

15. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I want a president who's smarter than me. Any hillbilly can see snow and opine "snow happens in cold weather. But if global warming is true, then cold weather should no longer exist. Must be a hoax!" The standard has to be higher. I know the Dems screwed the pooch by nominating an unlikable Hillary, but the GOP should be ashamed for forwarding this baffling moron. I don't want "one of the boys" to be president, we shouldn't want someone who acts like the average American, we should aspire for a Rhodes scholar with an appreciation for studying a topic before tweeting snide remarks.

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

is climate change a hoax perpetrated by the chinese?

if it is snowing in minessota in february does that mean that global warming isnt a real thing?

tell us what you really think!

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I dig her. I don't know much about her policy positions though lol.

I like that she did her intro in the blizzard and I like that she tortures her interns.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Your concern troll is noted.

Harrisment likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I would vote for her if she uses this to run millennials over a bus to curry the old curmudgeon vote.

There's a NATIONAL manhunt for leakers.

Executive time leakers!
    Russian Prostitute Leakers!
    Old Dirty Dump White House Leaks after a storm!