1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] ALDS Mariners vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2022.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose so.

2. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I have only been to one MLB game ( because I live in Idaho).

It was in Seattle and I wore my orange Kyle Tucker jersey and 2017 WS champion hat ( poked the dog a bit)

The people behind us kept talking about cheating just a bit too loud the whole game. They were totally badgering us for 3 hours.

The "lady" behind my wife who kept screaming "I love you Winker marry me" kicked my wife in the back of the head 4 times.

Of course she immediately apologized each time saying she was just crossing her legs but with a smug look on her face.

Stephen66 likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That video was very classy in my opinion.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Poor Pearl Jam! LOL!

I don't think that's what Pearl Jam had in mind when they wrote that song "Jeremy" but they could have predicted this moment that Jeremy Pena would sink Seattle's hopes and dreams.

Nicely done video! Bravo!

jiggyfly, IBTL and Dgn1 like this.
  6. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

A-Team baby! I love 'em

Dgn1 likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I like Wexler fine. Clanton , we've sparred over his politics on the Twitter-verse. I won't Marshall Bryant you guys, but I'll leave it at that. Ever since, I've disliked him.

8. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game in Seattle this past Saturday. I definitely heard some threatening comments from some Mariner fans as we made our way to our seats. I'm not sure how it is for Altuve in other MLB ballparks, but the fans in Seattle yell some really nasty stuff during his ABs. It crosses a line for me when it's grown men yelling "f*ck you" at Altuve in front of children.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

That's a shame. Look, I hate the opposing teams fans as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to antagonize them or insult them publicly.

everyday eddie and kubli9 like this.
  10. kubli9

Supporting Member

I can only hope that Houstonians wouldn't treat opposing fans or players so horribly. It's just a game at the end of the day.

11. Qan

Qan Member

Politics...that's why half the country hates the other half.

Btw...screw the mariners and their crying fans.

Stephen66 and IBTL like this.
  12. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I go to Astros games in Oakland and San Francisco a couple times a year and the home team fans are always extra-vitriolic at Altuve. Booing, cheater, you suck, what have you. I've never been personally threatened, though, and I always wear my Altuve jersey.

If the home fans want to boo and yell insults, I think that's fine. But threats would be crossing a line.

jiggyfly and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  13. AkeemTheDreem86

The only game I've been to outside the Dome and Juice Box was in Seattle last year. The girls I was with left early (it was after a 4 day camping festival at the Gorge, they hadn't the energy left), so I went up to the left field bleachers and sat in the front row by myself, in full Astros regalia - I believe I was wearing my Biggio jersey.

There I met some nice kids, with whom I spent the rest of the game passing around delicious blunts and polishing off a bottle of bourbon leftover from the fest. It was quite enjoyable.

There was friendly ribbing on both sides, and everyone booed me when I cheered for the Stros (who obviously won), but that's kinda part of the fun, right?

Snake Diggit likes this.
  14. kubli9

Supporting Member

I'm of the opinion that fans of either team screaming "F*ck this player or this team" shouldn't be tolerated. I'm not enough of a Karen to start reporting people but ballpark staff should be more vigilant about warning these fans about their behavior (at least at T-Mobile park, I've never seen that at Minute Maid.)

15. Yordan The Great

If they hate you, you're doing something right.

Embrace the hate, people.

I wear my Hate Us shirt every chance I get.

16. AkeemTheDreem86

I think it's a little silly to bring children to a playoff baseball game and expect them to be sheltered from profanity. It's part of the experience, and can even be a good teaching moment. What I don't like as much is fans talking serious **** to each other, and it goes from good-natured ribbing to faux-macho threatening. It's supposed to be fun.

17. kubli9

Supporting Member

I've never heard someone angrily yell "f*ck you" or "you're a POS" to another person and it not be past the line of good-natured ribbing.

RussE likes this.
  18. AkeemTheDreem86

Trash talk is an artform of the highest order.

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Hit me up next season, i need someone to go to astros a's games in oakland with haha

SamCassell likes this.
  20. kubli9

Supporting Member

Like you said, good-natured ribbing is fine but if you are screaming profanities in public as a grown man then you should be ashamed of yourself. We're talking baseball here, this isn't a Real Madrid/Barca match.

bobrek and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.