1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

The reality is that half of our team is trash. We are not getting a star via trade.

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Didn't see the fit with Horford.

Boston will end up with either Butler or George by Thursday, I think. Either will be a better fit than Cousins.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's a lot of redundancy between Cousins and Horford. They're targetting a wing star like Butler or George.

AD and Cousins is a mid risk high reward move. AD was a lock to go after his contract expires this can make him stay. I think the two of them are gonna gell and dominate, fortunately their other positions suck even more now.

ashleyem likes this.
  4. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

There u go. Thanks for realizing.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

"Vlade, could I interest you in an under-the-radar top shooting talent who once scored 74 points in a Chinese league game?"

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If it's Russell and the Lakers 2017 pick going the other way, I think George/Bird just shake hands and move on. OTOH you have to ask yourself if the Lakers 2017 pick + Russell might end up being worth a lot more than George. But then the Buss family are probably desperate, and they probably make a big play for a guaranteed star. They can botch that pick easily and extend the rebuild by a year.

If I'm the Lakers GM I'm pretty confident I'll be able to sign a top tier star to pair with George in Los Angeles. People are fickle, living in LA will matter to some FA's and George is probably a top 10 player.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol look at what's Toronto and Pels gave up.....

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Not sure why you think that. Golden State is 14th on the list in terms of total team salary.

[​IMG]

Hate em or hate em their players actually prefer winning over money.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Klay got whatever the max was at the time and Currys health was an issue when he signed his. But yeah Durant and Green both could have gotten more. But Durant will this summer

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Noah and Brandon Jennings have removed Knicks from their bio's on twitter just now.

D-rock and Richie_Rich like this.
  11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They were both held out of their last game with injuries, too.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Only one team in the world stupid enough to take Noah on that contract. He already plays for them though so not sure what's going to happen.

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I respectfully disagree. While the C's could definitely use an elite wing player, they have no reliable big that can rebound the ball, which is by far the main weakness on their team if you've seen them play. Horford sucks at rebounding, and he's best suited at the 4. That hi-lo with Horford/Cousins would be sick coupled with Stevens awesome offensive sets. Not saying Cousins is a tremendous rebounder, but he's still miles ahead of anyone they have on their team right now, which is a bunch of soft bigs. I feel like Ainge/Stevens avoided the move for Cousins moreso because of potential locker room issues + didn't want to give up assets for a potential rental. To me, this makes more sense.

Cousins > PG/Butler for the C's by far IMO. Wing additions won't help them beat the Cavs, but an elite big would give them a better chance. Cousins for a package of picks (other than this yr's BK pick) + Brown, Rozier, etc. still would've got it done. And Boston would be in a far better position going forward. IT + Horford + Cousins + top 4 pick (likely to be a Fultz, Ball, or Jackson - potentially elite guards/wing players anyways) is a much more scarier future. It'll be pretty funny if they don't end up with Cousins, PG, or Butler. Then all C's fans can properly rage.

14. thekad

thekad Member

Hield isn't promising at all. Stauskas is more promising. Capela, Dekker and Harrell are definitely more promising.

15. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

This is cute. And naive lol

16. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Stop the homerism. Dekker and capela are subpar at best with ceiling not much higher than where they are now. Plzz

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I love the Boogie to Pelicans trade.

This paves the way for Anthony Davis to the Rockets once that Pelicans locker room starts imploding. Did you see all those Harden to Davis alley oops and turnovers too?

That's what the Rockets await

AD > DMC

18. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Trueeeee

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, the Lakers obviously have the assets to get him if they want and if he's leaving, but i don't think he wants to be there, they're a young team with no proven players, even if they'll be able to pair him with someone else i don't know...George + another star is not going to get it done without a good core around, if he'll leave the Pacers i expect to see him in a top team to try to win, the Lakers will be ignored like they got ignored by Durant, LMA and all the top free agents lately, imo at least. Btw yeah, everything can so, who knows...

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You underrate the new cba. I don't think we will see many players jump anymore if their current team will max them out. If the pacers decide to dump George it's because they don't think they can build a winner in time before he declines. They'll deal him to whoever gives the best deal and if that is the lakers he'll end up resigning there.

craguin and saleem like this.