1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2017 NBA Trade Deadline Deals and Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Feb 16, 2017.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

2. BigMaloe

If you look at their salary commitments coming up in the next year or two, it's going to be extremely difficult to keep that team together. The whole strength in numbers is already gone, and that team will literally be just them 4 and vet minimums, which is still awesome. They are about to have to pay both curry and Durant super Max. They are lucky dray accepted less and Klay is under the old cba Max. Iggy is a fa although I can see him staying for cheap. Livingston is a fa.

They could just use bird rights to resign everyone but your starting to talk about a luxury tax bill that dwarfs and laughs at Cleveland's. They will still have depth issues and be weak on the interior, albeit I see bogut signing them for the minimum.

No Chance likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

They gave up trash for gold while we keep trash for trash?

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Ibaka is pyrite and (apparently) Vlade loveslovesloves Buddy.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

So you're saying that if he gets traded to the Kings he'll resign there? I don't think so.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think the Kings would trade for him for the same reason that the Pacers might be willing to trade him.

However, with the exception of true bottom feeders like the Kings, yes, I expect that players will re-sign with their current team if the maxmax is on the table.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

We'll see this offseason when Morey likely gets burned again by Gor-Dahn.

8. thekad

thekad Member

They are younger and much better than Buddy Hield.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i guess we have to agree to disagree here, it is very possible that i'm underrating the extension argument, but you may be underrating the fact that some players really want to win, and i think George is one of those, so i expect him to pick the best team/fit for him next year, not the most money.

10. Gorki

Gorki Member

Kings making Collison, Afflalo and McLemore available for rookie-deal players or/and picks in return.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

I do think a wave of buyouts is coming.

I might hold out to the last second and see if a team will settle for the "potential" of KJ for a player with an expiring contract on a bad team....no picks included.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The max was only 16 mil?
    Curry did have that comment about if you complain about making 12 million you have problems. I could see him undersigning for around 20 million. But yes all GSW is going to have a problem on their hands in the next few years. Rockets look good as far as contract situations go but Celtics look like in the best shape.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

AD to Houston would be a showstopper deal that I don't see happening. Rockets couldn't offer enough to Pelicans to make that happen without gutting what they have. Cousins is only signed through next year while Davis is signed through 2021. Cousins would be the moved first.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

Too bad i don't see the Mavs waive Bogut...

16. BigMaloe

4x70 was the extension from his rookie contract. He could have got more opting into restricted I believe but he signed before then and it states it was a Max extension.

Very true, he took his contract though because he had injury concerns. And I understand your thoughts he could take a discount.

None the less, even if he takes a smaller than Max he will still gather 25m most likely. And it being his first chance at a Max, it's difficult turning down 200m I don't care who you are and how loyal you are.

They are facing some serious decisions and honestly if they don't win it this year for some reason, this offseason I would trade Klay, asking Boston for avery/jae/picks

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Who is the trash you are referring to? Brewer, Ennis, Bobby Brown, KJ for Giannis, Dele, and Beas. Lets get it done.

Or we could just trade Tyler Ennis for Micheal Beasley straight up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I don't know if there is a team in the NBA dumb enough to make this deal.

#197 Swapshop, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Hui likes this.
  18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Rumors that I have heard either on Twitter or FB include:

Andrew Bogut
    Thabo Sefolosha
    Gallinari
    Noel/Okafor
    Or some small move for a Will Barton or something like that

Otherwise I think we stay pat and wait until the summer to see if we can get Paul George or one of the other free agent stars.

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

vtjsr2 likes this.
  20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

McLemore is kinda terrible, not sure why we would want him.