1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official 2012 NFL Season] Fantasy Football Lineup Advice Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by moestavern19, Sep 4, 2012.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Weapons are there in SD. It's Rivers I'm worried about. He keeps throwing to the other team. Wilson is going against a good but young secondary in Arizona. I lie that he runs as well. Could get sacked a lot though. Romo is Romo only without Laurant Robinson

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

With Marshawn Lynch's status uncertain, who should I start instead in case he can't go?

I can move him to flex so I'm a bit flexible:

Percy Harvin vs. Jacksonville
    Steve Johson @ NYJ
    Isaac Redman @ Denver
    Roy Helu @ NO

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Jennings or Green-Ellis?

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

BGE, I think MJD will get more carries and catches than people think

5. JayBirdSwaGG

JayBirdSwaGG New Member

Tight Ends

Alright so my team is pretty solid with Rice Murray and Martin as my flex this week. (I have Reggie Bush and Trent Richardson too, good trade bait after week 1). But the tight end spot is my problem. I have Fred Davis for the skins, or Greg Olson for the Panthers, I can even pick up Kyle Rudolph from the vikings, what do you guys think? I'm leaning towards Olson because Cam loves his tight ends as we saw with shockey last year, but Fred Davis had a great year before getting suspended last year.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'd play Fred Davis over Greg Olsen. No need to throw Rudolph in the mix, that just complicates your decision.

I think Freddie will be a monster this season, but you've got a good back up in Olsen if anything were to happen to him (supsension/injury wise).

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm already screwed at running back. I gambled in the draft and now it's costing me before the season even started.

I've got:

M. Lynch
    S. Ridley
    A. Morris
    B. Tate

Now Lynch is iffy. None of the other options is worth my flex position so I need to fill 2 RB spots with this garbage.

Any thoughts on Dexter McCluster's preseason as the Chiefs leading receiver from the slot? I am in a PPR league and he's eligible at RB.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yikes. I'm thinking Roberts but that's like pulling teeth. Maybe pick up Louis Murphy?

As for your other Q, i would go Tate if Lynch sits and Pettigrew.

#28 moestavern19, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I would go with Romo, he's a safer option than Rivers at this point, the Raiders have entirely different CBs than last year, but Huff and Branch are both excellent safeties. Plus with Jared Gaither out he might be running for his life.

Russ Wilson needs a week or two to prove he's a legit QB.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Out of those I like Harvin, I think he's a legit stud.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Ridley and Tate would be the ones I'd go with.

McCluster is a horrible RB, so he's only useful in a PPR. He was pretty nonexistent last season, so I'd be cautious using him at all.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Could be a lineup question - I was offered this trade:

Cam Newton
    Jordy Nelson
    Chris Johnson
    Brandon Lloyd

for

Aaron Rodgers
    Kendall Wright
    Michael Turner
    Doug Baldwin

what do you guys think?

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Based off my rankings...

Rodgers (1) vs Newton (4)
    Nelson (17) vs Wright (41)
    CJ2K (5) vs Turner (20)
    Lloyd (19) vs Baldwin (59)

QB1 + RB20 + WR41 + WR59 for QB4 + RB5 + WR17 + WR19

The team getting the Newton package would be the clear winner here. Thats a steep price to pay for Rodgers.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Team A gets 4 starters for Rodgers, a RB3, and two question mark guys.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

hell yeah, I thought I was getting the winner here but since its my first rodeo thought I'd run it by the clutchfans braintrust :)

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He was still about a 10ppg scorer in PPR last season. If they play him out of the slot most of the season, he's a great backup to have in a deep PPR league being WR & RB eligible.

Question is, with the existence of 3 good receivers and 2 good healthy RBs who can catch those little dump offs, will McCluster see a step up in production? IDK.

If Lynch doesn't play, everyone of his options are flawed. I'd go Ridley for one spot. I'd take McCluster for the other spot, but only if Lynch is ruled out before the game.

Tate has the better chance of getting 15+ points, but also has the better chance of getting <5, IMO. That risk may be worth taking for you.

17. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I would play Olson over Davis. Stay far away from Redskin players for fantasy. Olson will do well as number 1 TE this year.

18. juicystream

Rodgers is a sure fire star, but that is a lot for the other team to give up. Team trading Rodgers is raping the other team.

19. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Need some feedback on RB2 & RB3. RB1 is Murray. Standard scoring league.

As of right now:

RB2 - Kevin Smith vs. STL. Ankle doesn't seem to be an issue and going against the horrible Rams.
    RB3 - Toby Gerhart vs. JAC. He's the featured back for Week 1. AP's a game time decision and likely won't play much since Leslie Frazier has no balls. (I think Frazier will be the first fired coach in season.)

Other candidates:

DeAngelo Williams @ TB. Stewart hasn't practiced this week making Williams the clear #1. Several sites have Williams ranked ahead of Gerhart last I checked. I'm still worried about Cam and Tolbert vulturing TDs though.
    Ronnie Brown @ OAK. Looks to be the feature back while Mathews is out. Can he still play like he did during his MIA prime?

I'm considering leaving the lineup as is. Anyone have any arguments otherwise?

20. juicystream

Kevin Smith for sure.

Man on man for the rest of these guys. Close call between Gerhart and Brown. I fear a somewhat smokescreen and Peterson getting more carries than expected. I'd lean Brown, but I think most people would go Gerhart.