1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama's approval rating is at its highest point in years

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, Aug 6, 2016.

1. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

You're looking at different numbers, the 116% was a subset, debt owed to the public...

http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/spen..._XXs2li111mcn_H0fH0sH0l_Total_Government_Debt

2008 debt was 9.99 trillion, debt as of 2015 was 18.12 trillion, for an increase of 81% as of the time of those numbers. If we use the estimate I Googled...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=current federal debt

...Obama's total will be around 93.1%.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Using the U-6 number that the Gallop CEO is talking about the number number is down 6% during Obama's watch.

3. GladiatoRowdy

That graph ended in 2011, updated numbers in my previous post.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Jim Clifton, CEO of Gallup and the author of that OpEd is...

5. GladiatoRowdy

Updated with the current estimate for debt at the end of 2017...

Forgive the crudity, did it in 5 minutes with MS Paint.

[​IMG]

6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They were already developing nuclear capacity and would've done so at a much pace without the deal. The "Cuba strategy" of negotiations - ignore the other side as much as possible and hope they do what you want - has been proven not to work.

Also, we didn't pay them $400 million as a ransom.

As usual, the issues are much more complicated than exhausted 8 years of "Barack Obama is weak!" narratives.

Did everything he was told short of slaughtering his own people. Really didn't listen on that one.

Not sure what you mean here. Would you have preferred to see Morsi stay in power? Given your posting history, it seems like you would prefer a secular-leaning military government. That's what Egypt has now.

The best military minds on earth are grappling with this issue, I don't think we'll solve this one on a basketball BBS.

7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I prefer the Libya strategy. Basically just tell them to do it or you'll live out your days in a cave like Saddam.

The $400 million was of course a ransom payment.

Libyans are totally not getting slaughtered now......

I'd prefer Mubarak cause he did what we told him to.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the response. Don't think we'll agree on much, but appreciate the dialogue.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Everytime I see Mr. Obama speak I think,"that is exactly who I want my President to be".

(antithetical to that, every time I see Trump I think, "boy that's the worst American political image I can think of".)

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well then there is this.

[​IMG]

The truth hurts.

DD

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

History will look fondly upon President Obama's tenure.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

And the further we get from the BULL**** that was Trickle down, the worse Reagan looks.

DD

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL that's so incredibly disingenuous. Obama voted for the deficit he "inherited", there weren't deficits like that until the Democrats took over congress....which Obama was part of. They then ran over a trillion dollar deficits until they lost congress and then cried like b****es when the Republicans in congress cut the deficit by a trillion dollars coming out with scare tactics talking about how you'd have elderly people dead in the streets as a result.

People never stop giving Obama credit for things either he didn't do, or in this case, things he was against. The Obama fanboys are ridiculous.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You gonna say It's Hillary's fault Khan's son died in Iraq too?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure how you think that would be a similar thing. Now it's very likely that it was Hillary's fault that Shahram Amiri was executed in Iran.....but a soldier dying in war? Not so much.

It's a fact that Obama supported the 1.4 trillion dollar deficit he voted for, it's also a fact that he supported the 1.2 trillion dollar deficit the next year when he was president, he also supported the 1.3 trillion dollar deficit the year after that and the 1.1 trillion dollar deficit the year after that. It's also a fact that he fought against the Republicans then cutting the deficit the next year to only 680 billion, then fought against it when they cut it to 484 billion the next year and finally cutting it to 438 after that.

Giving him credit for cutting the deficit is pretty much r****ded.

17. tallanvor

Obama believes heavily in trickle down. What do you think bailing out big businesses and subsidies is suppose to achieve? more money for the rich? Obama's whole economic strategy is throwing around money to the rich.

Also is your picture suppose to be 'the truth' just like your last image? Which was a total embarrassing lie.

#77 tallanvor, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

tallanvor is right. Obama did bail out the Auto industry but Bush bailed out the Big banks first.

19. tallanvor

Bush also believes in trickle down economics. Everyone does. Every economic strategy involves giving benefits to the rich (either straight money or tax breaks) with the notion it will benefit the poor with employment.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member