1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama bugged Trump Tower before election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 4, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's true that someone he believes/trusts told his something. Whether the wiretapping actually occurred or not is another matter.

That said, aren't we all tapped by the NSA? I'm guessing Trump's team might be confusing Trump unintentionally (or intentionally idk) about how that works.

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Current and former Presidents privately contact and counsel each other on major issues including national security. I imagine that helped preserve Nixon's and LBJ's legacies, such as they were. I am genuinely curious as to what extent Bannon and Trump have factored that into whatever their strategy is in making this claim.

4. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

What does it say..that someone probably tapped the Towers...in hopes to find something incriminating against Trump before the elections...AND STILL didnt find anything. facepalm liberals...

cml750 likes this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That the DOJ was monitoring communications for possible interference by Russians is not news. I would like to know more about what reasons they had to do any such wiretapping. I wouldn't presume it was merely to dig up dirt to help Clinton win the election.

6. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Li'l t is exactly right. We need to find out if Trump's phones were tapped. How did this happen? Was evidence presented to a judge that approved these wiretaps? What was that evidence? What did the wiretaps reveal? Nothing less than a full investigation into this matter will be satisfactory.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

It is disheartening that he has to go tweet **** like this with no evidence.

He gave a powerful speech to the joint sessions about coming together, working together and helping build a better country. Had me and others excited about his ability to govern and lead this nation.

Then days later, just tweets this. And releases no evidence whatsoever to back up his claim.

He was finally winning people over, getting people excited for the future and then goes off this rails which only strengthens the resistance movement.

IF it is true, then fine, show some proof. Leak proof of it to the media. Going out and tweeting it is just so dumb man.

LAM likes this.
  8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Yes, obviously. However it's not as though he's never claimed something blatantly false before. We're talking about a pattern here.
    I'm actually concerned there's something wrong with him. [assuming false] This isn't the type of behavior for any normal, sane person.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

if they found no evidence that would be MAJOR NEWS right about now don't you think?

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I thought this FISA thing with Trump was known awhile back.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't say that it was tapped in hopes of finding something, and we don't know that they found nothing. You can face palm all you want, but when you do the point to the scoreboard move at half-time, it doesn't really have any meaning.

In order to get the wiretap orders they had to present evidence to a Federal judge. We don't know what the evidence was. Seeing that might help. We don't know the result of the taps by any means.

The only thing we do know is that Trump doesn't understand how the warrants work, and what steps are necessary which is embarrassing for him. It isn't as embarrassing for his supporters that don't know because they aren't the person in charge of the executive branch of the United States.

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Perhaps. It depends on how pervasive the surveillance was and its duration. As I'm sure you are well aware, an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I will wait for more facts before forming an opinion.

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

To quote a great 20th / 21st century philosopher:

"We got computers, we're tapping phone lines... I know that that ain't allowed...

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no fooling around."

(also w/ a Houston reference: "Heard about Houston, heard about Detroit, heard about Pittsburgh, PA")

#115 dandorotik, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    Rashmon and gifford1967 like this.
  16. TheresTheDagger

How dare you withhold judgement until more facts are known! You know the D&D demands overreaction, bias, and partisanship!

cml750 likes this.
  17. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nobody cares what a Cowgirl fan thinks anyways.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump regurgitates news to detract from the current news.

robbie380 likes this.
  19. mick fry

mick fry Member

You are not allowed to do that in this forum, unheard of!!

cml750 likes this.
  20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Lack of facts never stop Trump from giving his opinion.

#120 Chilly_Pete, Mar 4, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    RocketWalta likes this.