1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nuclear North Korea - missile capable of hitting Wa

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Trump will respond but this is exactly where Trump, Putin, and Jinping can find common ground. Don't fight amongst themselves, take care of like threats.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That would be really cool actually.

The ultimate problem with DPRK is that there's no "soft path" forward. They have painted themselves into a desperate corner. Their people, a brain-washed half-starved paste of humanity, have no ability to rise up at this point. Their leadership is 3 generations deep of crazy and don't want to let go of an ounce of power. I don't see a happy ending, but hopefully someone has some very creative ideas.

ipaman likes this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Agree. NK is acting very provocative and China recent slap on them isn't slowing them down. Troubling signs. Although I made fun of him, I much rather Trump take his time to figure out what to do here than to rush.

da_juice likes this.
  4. ipaman

Exaclty and don't do it alone. Don't be afraid to work with Russians and China on the NK problem.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If it was capable of hitting NYC we'd already be at war with Trump at the helm.

I'm seriously concerned that Trump cannot wait to get in a war so he can feel like the country is behind him and he's a popular war hero president. His fragile insecure personality, his low approval ratings, and his military budget have me very concerned we are going to war very very soon.

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I hope he is smart enough not to start a war with North Korea, that place's got nothing of value for anyone, not even South Korea. It would be a total waste of money and people.

7. dobro1229

Again... NATO. Why is it so difficult to understand.

If you form an alliance with Russia & China you turn your back on your NATO allies (some of which Russia wants to take back & go to war with).

If China wants to join NATO than that's an interesting scenario, but its highly unlikely since they have rejected it since WW1 since they know its a huge financial & business burden.

Until Russia cleans up its mess and makes peace with our NATO allies (giving terms to removing Sanctions) we can't have anything to do with Russia. The ball is in their court there.

China, obviously we have mutual interest with NK there, but we have our own issues with China and the south China sea as well. If NK has the balls to strike (I pray to God that never happens) then it will be interesting to see how the other reacts in support if at all. Obviously if they strike the US, they will have all of the NATO allies in support of the US as part of our alliance so it seems more likely they'd strike China first who has a much smaller military & isn't part of an Alliance.

I have no idea why the far right is so fixated on a Russia & China alliance right now. There are crazy theories going around that it would prevent WW3 if only we were NICE to Russia. When in reality its the exact opposite. It would dismantle NATO & put us in great danger without our allies there to support us if someone attacks.

8. dobro1229

We did invade Vietnam and Iraq. Iraq because Saddam had WMD's apparently & we now know Kim Jung actually has some pretty nasty stuff.

Wars have been waged for less.

Nixon worked to keep us in Vietnam in order to help him during the election. George W likely doesn't come close to being re-elected if we aren't at war. The warning signs are already there that he's ramping up for something with our military & his statement the other day about Kim Jung's "mentality" is ironic but terrifying to hear.

Also I saw that Kim Jung's brother was potentially going to a replacement for Kim Jung if the Chinese could take him out and that's why he was motivated to assassinate his own brother. The "So-Called" (see what I did there lol) "Leaders" of the world are losing their damn minds... its scary as hell.

9. ipaman

If NATO is against USA forming their own alliances then they are no friend of ours. I don't think that's true and NATO isn't in jeopardy if we work with non-NATO countries. You libs are so black and white.

10. dobro1229

It sure as hell is black and white. If we allied with Russia while they are currently invading our NATO allies its absolutely black and white.

Trump and his supporters sure have a pretty ignorant view of how foreign policy works, and world war history. Again.... Putin has BOMBED hospitals and is responsible for thousands of innocent civilians in Aleppo to keep Assad in power. Assad who is currently making Saddam look like a Saint.

FYI you are crazy if you think that Putin wont do the same thing (hack the elections) to get a Democrat elected if he thought it might help him in 4 years.... which actually might happen if Trump sours on Putin as he seems to sour on everyone in time. Russia is currently working to influence the French election as we speak too. Putin doesn't give a SH$% about "Making America Great Again". He wants to F-$% America to destabilize the west so he can create the Soviet Union super power again.

Of course it would be great if we got along with another nuclear weapon power in the World, but you are dead wrong here and many many Trump fans who are new to foreign policy & NATO are just playing partisan BS politics. Its not a serious discussion honestly.

If we want to be friends with Russia, X, Y, and Z have to happen first. If that hasn't happened yet then the conversation is fruitless. Trump is going to do serious damage to the world if he wants to reward Russia for the multitudes of crimes he has committed not just on the Baltic States & in the middle east but also here in the US where he has cost our country millions in cyberware fare & interfered in our Democratic election.

So please drop the Russia love fest. You are out of your element Donny.

#50 dobro1229, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

You are out of your element.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Trump seems to lack the ability to multitask when dealing with important world issues.

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

He is too busy watching news clips about himself.

14. hlcc

hlcc Member

I don't think the far right is fixated or fantasizing about an alliance with China, Russia yes, but not China. Seems like certain segment of the population views Russia as somehow the last great white christian power & the nutjobs that believe in "white genocide" somehow sees Russia as their last hope for the white race.

15. WNBA

WNBA Member

It was the western craziness that has pushed them into that corner.

The craziness in their leadership has no competition with what you guys had in Bush and Trump.

Talking about 'a brain-washed half-starved paste of humanity'.......that is a perfect description of someone who know nothing about NK but talks like a bigmouth Hitler propaganda .

There is a happy ending: American people gain some ability to rise up and stop the groundless craziness on NK.

16. dobro1229

Interesting stuff. I stumbled upon this article just a bit ago I thought was interesting.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...eader-of-the-worldwide-christian-right-214755

So all of this Trump stuff could have been avoided if freaking Pat Buchanan wouldn't have said some stupid crap about Putin back in 14 basically? I know that wasn't the main thing that got Trump elected by the Christian Right, but it was certainly the start.

The main moment when I said to myself .... crap... Trump could win now because the Christian Right will follow him off of a cliff is this moment -

[​IMG]

The moment I saw that photo opp and James Dobson give his endorsement I knew it was game over for at the very least him to win 40+% of the vote in America. The fact is 63% of America is White still, and 83% of Americans identify as Christian. The Republicans know damn well that their path to winning elections is by pandering to White Christians all day every day. Its the dirty little secret of our politics.

Its largely not talking about in the media but that endorsement by the Evangelical Right is what won him the election. Talk to anyone who was around many on the Christian right before Trump was nominated, and they will tell you that morally the Christian community really struggled to support Trump and mostly backed Ted Cruz. But when Dobson went out and endorsed him and publicly said that Trump "Gave his life to Christ" and is now a "Baby Christian" I knew it was game over and the deal with the devil was made.

Regarding Russia & Trump this is just fascinating and terrifying at the same time. Does the Christian Right really hate Gays & minorities that much to think they need to align with a fascist murdering dictator to get what they want? I think we have to start addressing what most don't have the balls to do in the media and force a conversation out there about the Christian Right and their morally & perversion of Biblical principles.

I myself still go to church on occasion (Catholic) and know that not every Christian has taken a turn to the dark side so I don't want anything thinking that I'm attacking them because they are Christian... I'm Christian too. But what I've seen for year in just talk by the idiots like Pat Buchanan is now seemingly turning into political action by two of the most powerful world leaders. This is really a big gigantic issue for the world moving forward and could put a major dark cloud over the Christian religion moving forward in history.

If the Christian Right will follow Trump because they see him as a vehicle to pursue their agenda we should consider the possibility they will certainly push to align with Putin if they feel like it can pursue that agenda further.

Scary stuff.

#56 dobro1229, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

nevermind, delete. I forgot for a second who WNBA is.

#57 B-Bob, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The North Korean leadership starving their population (except for the military) to the point of malnutrition where their growth is stunted isn't the fault of any western craziness. The responsibility lies with the governing body of North Korea.

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Wha??? North Korea starves its own people to sustain its military. The North Korean people are in Wizard of Oz land in terms of their perception of themselves and the outside world. It's been a good while, but I was in Yanbian, the Korean autonomous region of Jilin province, China, and I talked to Koreans there who said conditions in North Korean were desperate.

I can agree with you on one thing: American people are subject to groundless craziness, about Muslims; but not about North Korea.

True Communism has been a failing economic model everywhere in the world.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I read somewhere that US sent South Korea some thaad defensive missile for self defense and it got China and Russia all riled up. I guess they don't trust TRump if your enemies team up against you