1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NSA Tapping Into Laptops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Cokebabies, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Is no one else worried about the NSA intercepting your laptop purchases and bugging them? I don't want Big Brother know about my p*rn fetishes!

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/14/5...ortedly-lets-the-agency-access-100000-offline

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I odn't have any problem with the NSA listening in to foreign laptops - it's their job.

I don't know why Edward Snowden did either, not sure why he felt the need to make it public.

3. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Isn't Third Echelon an NSA program? Aren't you a little too close to this story, Lieutenant Commander Fisher? Are they reactivating you to take out Snowden?

[​IMG]

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Sucks for you, terrorists.

5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Come on, you really think they're limiting themselves to ONLY foreign laptops? The fact that they can intercept your laptop delivery to plant bugs means they can do it to anyone without anyone finding out.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

And here we have so much of the hysteria surrounding the government. Somehow, the government having the CAPABILITY to do bad things to you is now something to be feared, when the reality is that uh, government has always had that power, and they always will by virtue of being a government.

7. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

which is why that power must be checked and balanced with fervor, something which federal judges have ruled has not happened with the NSA

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Winner winner chicken dinner.

This aint mother ****in russia. If you want to rewrite the Constitution or wipe your ass with it, I'm sure the people will understand.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Nothing to see here... we're doing it to keep you safe.

:rolleyes:

10. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QwiKnTxnhMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>