1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NRA Civil War

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Do you mean what legislation or generally how can I be for restoring gun rights?

2. dmoneybangbang

That's the scary part.... right wing populism has mostly abandoned its personal responsibility mantra and has turned into pointing fingers/guns at everyone but oneself.

Too many Americans on both sides have stopped asking themselves..."how can I improve myself to better my situation."

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

She looks a little like Gina Carano -- would hit.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

Are mean words being said by right leaning social media pages?

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Naw dude. They just like talking about doing friendly games such as dousing 5.56 rounds in pigs blood and finding the nearest mosque.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

The issue is, the NRA covers like 5% of gun owners. Knowing that, you realize, while they advocate for gun owners they don't necessarily speak for them.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, I mean in what way have they been curbed and are now in need of restoration? I can easily go buy any piece of weaponry I could want without much trouble.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Obama banned the Saiga 12 which was an affordable 12 gauge semi automatic shotgun. Norinco rifles used to be easily available and still are in canada but banned here for no reason.

National concealed carry will hopefully pass so you don't have to be a legal expert to travel. The hearing protection act probably won't pass even though in other countries like the UK sound moderators are treated the same as firearms. In the USA you have a ~10 month waiting period, 200 dollar tax, and ton of red tape to get through. The 1989 import ban should be either done away with or changed from "sporting purpose" to "legal purpose". So you can't buy anything you want, it is in fact quite a bit of (unnecessary) trouble.

9. Buck Turgidson

Yep, the only nice thing I can say about these lunatics is that they found a good spokesmodel.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Wait, what? I thought the GOP controlled all 3 branches of the government? :rolleyes:

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This was great. Thanks for sharing

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Say one thing for the NRA - at least they really stand up for law abiding gun owners like Philando Castille.....

Oh wait no.

I wonder why

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The rage over this ad is hilarious.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly they should use it as a teachable moment. If people are going to carry firearms in public, which the NRA supports, they need to know what to do when pulled over. The Philando Castile case was a very visible example of what can happen when you don't know how to handle the situation and you do the wrong things.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Like properly informing the officer that you are a legal gun holder and have a firearm in your vehicle and promptly attempt to pull out your identification that the officer ASKED you to pull out.

At this point you are either a troll or a lost idiot.

17. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

The officer asked him to pull out his identification BEFORE Castille informed him he was carrying. This is verifiable via the dashcam video/audio. If, after informing the officer that he was armed, Castille had simply put his hands on top of the steering wheel in plain site and awaited further instructions, he would be alive today.

I believe Castille was reaching for his ID and not his weapon. With things happening quickly Castille had a brain fart which resulted in his shooting. It's tragic but the officer was not culpable.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't think there's much argument there....which is why it's a perfect teachable moment. The simple fact is that you can't act the same way armed as you can unarmed and if you are going to take on the responsibilities associated with carrying a handgun in public, you need to know exactly what is expected of you. Castile clearly didn't know what was expected of him and it was a factor in his death. I would hope the NRA would use this incident to raise awareness among those who carry handguns when it comes to what you do when you are pulled over while carrying.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Not surprise you like it. How many guns and ammo do you have? Are you ready?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sells more guns, ridiculous ad, and they used Nazi Propaganda symbolism.

The people that support this are too stupid to know it though.

DD