1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now That Free Agency is Over...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Jul 8, 2019.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I agree with pretty much all of this.

If it’s not Beal or maybe Siakam, it feels like you’re just plugging one hole and opening another.

This team has two holes...a wing that can guard 1-4s and a big that can guard 3-5s. It would be nice if one of them could do some playmaking, and they both need to shoot.

Let’s say they trade Capela straight up to fill one of these holes. Great...then Denver, Utah, LAL and pretty much any team that can finish inside eats us alive.

Or let’s trade EGo. First, we have to acknowledge that the only type of team that would want Gordon is a team like the Rockets. So you don’t want to trade him in conference, where you may meet him earlier in the playoffs. Also, Gordon is your secondary playmaker for 2/3rds of a game...so you better be getting a playmaker in return. So to be honest, the only deals I’m willing to include Gordon in are for Siakam or Beal.

Shump plus picks is the only way I see to really improve the team without opening more holes...but that’s probably only enough to fill one hole, and not enough to get Siakam or Beal, unless we are willing to make a huge offer that includes pretty much all of the 1st round picks we can trade.

It’s sad, because had we not been playing the “dodge-the-tax” game, we probably wouldn’t have these holes, or we’d have the assets to make a more competitive offer.

2. txn

txn Member

We ain’t get shxt until Tilman sells the team, Morey steps down as GM, MDA fired as the coach. The whole ISO system needs to change, the whole avoid Luxury Tax idea needs to be removed. Let’s be real. Don’t blame DW12, don’t blame CP3. Only people would be happy is James and those role players. No star would like to play in this type of system.

3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Morey needs to target the right guy for our team and take the risk like LAC did and make them an offer they can't refuse. This window with Harden and CP3 is closing fast.

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I’d add Jae Crowder to list. Memphis has no use for him, and he isn’t making break your bank salary.

5. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just be happy we arent fans of the Knicks bro.

seeingredtx likes this.
  6. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

The most realistic on that list are Marvin Williams and Nic Batum (solid D players who are a little washed up so not valued that much in trades). And KLove (doesn't fit the Cavs rebuilding and is a bad contract).

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Just feel sad for James Harden.

What our organization did is not slightly better than Knicks.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

The hard truth is we are going to have to blow it up and rebuild. No one wants what we are offering for a star. We can’t get any players that will put us over the top. I STRONGLY feel that James harden trade demand is coming soon...maybe not this year, but I would be shocked if he doesn’t in the next couple years. He is going to be 30 this year. There isnt much Left of his prime. He knows he needs a championship for his Legacy. The front office failed him. There just doesn’t seem to be a way to turn this around......

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

The biggest problem is Tilman doesn't want to pay money.