1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

North Korea sentences U.S Student to 15 years hard labor

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by VanityHalfBlack, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Russia is an ally. I work with Russian government officials every day and they are incredulous and amused at how the establishment and the US media attempts to resurrect the cold war.

And the US has been arming and funding terrorist rebels in Syria for several years instead of partnering with the Syrian government and Russia like we should have been doing. Perhaps if the U.S had aligned itself with the secular Syrian government and not the "moderate" islamic zealots (you know, the good terrorists), we would have planning coordination which would have prevented this incident. Actually, if we had done as I suggest, ISIS would be a memory and Syria would be at relative peace by now, but that is a discussion for another day.

Trump, to his credit, may actually be willing to work with Syria & Russia, but because of the current U.S media witchhunt, combined with the entrenched deep state holdovers in the military, he is currently unable to do that.

2. Aceshigh7

But I don't want my posts to derail this thread, completely accurate though they may be. This young man from Ohio was essentially murdered by one of the most perverse regimes on this planet. If this happened to an American citizen at the hands of Russia instead of North Korea, the left would be clamoring for war.

Something must be done in regards to North Korea.

edwardc likes this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

What that he'll is wrong with you???

Of course Russia is not as bad as North Korea, but in the grand scheme of things, the russkies are just a notch below piggy's nation. Putin could assemble a kangaroo court as well as any other dictator, and find you guilty of the most ludicrous charges.

You better wake up to all of our enemies. Your coziness to Putin's criminal enterprise is discomforting.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Philandro Castile?
    Eric Garner?
    Sandra Bland?
    Sean Bell?
    Tamir Rice?
    Oscar Grant?

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If he were black . . .. . most here would blame him for his own death and not mention it again

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm waiting on the media to ask the family if they forgive North Korea

[​IMG]

Rocket River

7. Aceshigh7

In the Trump/Russia collusion threads, there have been several instances of libtards claiming Russia is our #1 adversary. That alone illustrates how naive they are when it comes to international relations.

Russia is an ally, albeit one that has been unfairly demonized starting with the last administration. They are a trading partner, particularly in energy and aerospace. And we should have been partnering with them militarily but that did not fit in with the previous administration's agenda to create turmoil in the middle east and flood the west with primarily military age, male ,refugees in the name of cultural enrichment.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Rocket River with the racial pity party in full effect. Mike Brown was a total POS and horrible example. The lies around his event caused incredible pain, violence and division in our country - all over lies.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure the government officials you work with that work for a man that doesn't allow any sort of dissent, murders journalists, and political opponents do think that's hilarious. That doesn't make Russia a good ally. How funny they must find it that Russia tried to subvert American democracy and used espionage against the United States. Look, I'm sure they're nice guys, and they may or may not have any real knowledge of what their government is doing. Either way, that doesn't excuse what Russia did to the United States.

You talk about preventing the incident the other day, but there are already established channels for the governments to communicate freely to apprise each other of flight patterns, and things of this nature. Furthermore, the United States as stated they repeatedly warned the aircraft bombing our United States allies to cease the bombing. Their communications were ignored.

There are excellent reasons not to partner with a brutal, chemical weapon using, civilian targeting dictator like Assad.

Having family members that I'm close to that have served in the military, I would never support the folks bombing U.S. trained allies, and then threatening our military after we took action to protect our allies engaged in the fight against ISIS. Obviously, you have a different idea of what it takes to support the troops. I can't speak to that, but it is far from how I support the troops.

Trump was willing to give Russia what they wanted without getting anything from them in return. He hasn't asked Russia for anything, except maybe some business loans.

10. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think, generally in this nation...

white > black > NK gov

except for a few a$$, if the guy was black, I think reaction would be similar in this case

also there were plenty of blame on him in this thread.. personal responsibility thing; but now that he's dead due to NK, no one is going to continue that level of blame

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tragic incident where an armed man didn't follow the instructions of a police officer and it cost him his life.

Morbidly obese man that resisted arrest and that died due to laying on the ground face down as a result of numerous health problems almost all of which related to his morbid obesity.

Absolute nutjob that turned a warning ticket into getting arrested who then hung herself in jail....

Guy who was throwing a bachelor party at a strip club that was the target of an undercover investigation, his group got into an altercation and one of them said "Yo, get my gun", which set off the undercover cops. When a cop tried to stop them as they got to their car, they tried to run him over....twice, that led to numerous cops opening fire.

Unsupervised kid at a public park that modified his toy gun to look authentic which led to a neighbor calling the police. When the police arrived, he raised the gun and was shot. Tragic misunderstanding.

Part of a group detained by police for fighting, when he refused to cooperate with police who were arresting him, a cop intended to use his taser on him and instead grabbed his gun. Despite the whole thing being an accident, the officer still served time for involuntary manslaughter.

I'm not sure why you listed these unrelated incidents or what point it could possibly prove.....but okay.

bigtexxx likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

and. . . this North Korea kid . . .is just a Tragic misunderstanding.

Rocket River

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You aren't this stupid. I refuse to believe it.

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Now this....THIS is a PWN3NG!

Brutal.

15. edwardc

edwardc Member

I couldn't agree more but the big question is will 45 have a backbone or just wimp out to russia and china.

16. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

How did this thread become about Mike Brown?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well unfortunately we have some members here who don't see a difference between a criminal violently attacking a police officer and getting shot for it and a totalitarian dictatorship imprisoning and torturing a person effectively to the point of death for allegedly stealing a propaganda poster.

It's sad, but that's just how some people think it seems.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lol @ a black guy ever going to North Korea on a tour, only sheltered white kids with a complete delusion of the realities of the world would pay to go to a place like North Korea.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You sir are a ****ing idiot. Sorry, there is no way around saying that.

Guh'nigh'.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a blatantly false post based on the premise that you work with a few government officials. Putin is an opportunist and that's where it ends. We are not allies, period.