1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NLCS] Cardinals @ Astros Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 17, 2004.

1. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

would of been bitter-sweet justice if we had hit that son of a b**** tavarez harder

still pisses me off. :mad:

2. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Its a no brainer. Clemens and Oswalt will both pitch on 3 days rest. You don't start Pete Munro in game 6 of any series, period.

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

clemens if we win, pete munro if we don't

although I thought regardless that we were throwing oswalt out for a potential game seven?

4. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Yeah I liked it, too.

You could also go with Senor Octubre (then it would be all spanish).

Carlos Beltran is amazing!!!

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I guarantee that Clemens and Oswalt will both go on short rest with Munro in the Bullpen. They give us the best chance to win and i think we are going to use it.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm leaning towards saying Munro. Roger would be ready for possible game 7. I believe that should be Roy's day to throw on the side, so he could give us a couple of innings to hold a lead and get it to the unstoppable Lidge.

7. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

Looking back at what Garner has done; i don't think he'll risk going to a Game 7. If you've got a chance to close it out with your horse, its hard not to go with him.

8. lalala902102001

If Backe wins tomorrow, we should definitely go with Munro. Give the guy a chance. Roger is much more effective on normal rest than on short rest. Even if Munro doesn't come through, we have a rested Roger for game 7 and I like our chances. On the other hand, if Munro wins, we'll have Roger and Roy pitch game 1 and game 2 in the WS. That would be prefect.

If we lose tomorrow, however, we may have no choice but to throw Roger out there.

9. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That will be the last time I count the Astros out. After the first two in St Louis I thought this series was over.

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i think you almost have to throw roger and roy out on short rest but i'm really tempted to say the prudent thing if we're up 3-2 is to start munro. we've seen clemens and roy on 3 days rest. they fought and battled and held the other team down, but they only got us 5 innings, and barely did that. i'm not sure i want that two games in a row unless wheeler is ready to pitch 6 and 7 and hand off to lidge for 8 and 9.

so while i think we'll start roger (and may have no choice if we lose tomorrow) i almost would rather take my chances on munro (who looked good in his last start) than have my two horses at less than their best (because then what good are they?).

either way, great job by oswalt to pull it together after the 4th inning and get us to lidge almost. if i could be guaranteed the cards would only score 5 runs each game from now on i would take it and take my chances with our O.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Unbelievable!!!! The guy is just unbelievable!
    And BAGS!!!!!! Clutch!!

AAARRRRROOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

12. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Simply amazing! Beltran is from another planet.... Man I hope that the Astros find a way to sign this guy.

13. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i would go with munro in game 6 if backe wins tomorrow. if munro wins his start then u got clemens and oswalt against likely the yankees and u can pitch clemens and oswalt as many as 5 starts. if munro loses game 6, u got a 4-day rested clemens that will give u 7 innings and oswalt could pitch in his day when he's supposed to pitch in the bullpen and lidge of course to close it out. if astros lose tomorrow then u must pitch clemens and oswalt both on 3 days rest.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

has there even been so much offense in a playoffs as this year?

pitching usually does seem to win championships but that most definitely will not happen this year.

we pounded the braves into submission in our 3 wins and lost the only two pitching battles. this series with the cards is a slugfest.

the red sox killed the angels and now the alcs has seen ridiculous runs scored in 2 of the 3 games. when the yankees advance, they'll have a decently shaky starting rotation and whoever advances in the nl will be doing it with offense and not pitching. it's all about offense this year.

and on that note, with our 2 homers today that gives us the postseason record right? i was pretty sure we were only one short coming into this game.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I would lean that way. But let's win tomorrow and pull the rest of our hair out in the process. Then, we can chew our fingernails off trying to figure out who's going to pitch the game after.

The Astros... I love 'em, but they just might kill me! :eek:

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, we have the record. :)

17. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Question:

Right now Wed Game 6 is scheduled for 3:00 .. and the ALCS game 7 is the night game.

If that series doesnt go 7 (which it really looks like), will the Astros game 6 move to prime time? I seriously hope so because I freakin have to work!!

18. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

Senor Octubre! Senor Octubre!

19. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

our offense would also improve becuase of the DH factor. and their offense would weaken a bit in games at minute maid.

i like the way our offense is clicking, and getting lane, or lamb in there would be even better :cool:

20. PitydaFoo

PitydaFoo Contributing Member

2004 Houston Astros = 1995 Houston Rockets