1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nice try Rockets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ZRB, Nov 30, 2001.

Tags:
  1. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

You tried to lose by 20+ points to Memphis, but you just couldn't pull it off. Don't worry, I'm sure the Spurs will give you a great opportunity to double tonight's margin of defeat.

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

When Eminem scores 38 on ur team, then you know your defense is ****ed.

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

I think I can score 38 on Moochie's joke defense.

4. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Moochie is a joke. If francis didnt bring him on the team, Moochie would be somewhere in Rucker Park looking for some change on the floor.

5. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

Right now we are a joke:mad:

Some observations out of the rubble:

** Rice needs to sit, I don't care how much we pay him

** Torres needs to play more. Good shooter, tough, pretty good D, and really good basketball instincts. He could even play the 3.

** Why the hell doesn't Griffin ever receive the ball less than 25 feet from the basket?

** Moochie is nothing more than a second tier player, and he still dribbles too damn much

** Our offensive sets are so boring and predictable that, well......

** Our defense puts absolutely no pressure on the ball, and we don't know how or when to switch

All of the above were evident when Francis and Mobley were playing, they are just more painfully obvious now:confused:

6. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Dallas rocket, you are too right. OUr offense plain out SUCKS. It was so much better with olajuwoan and barkley, at least then we didnt know who would get hte ball. NOw it is only too predictable. Moochie gets the ball and he dribbles it five feet behind the three point line for the first twenty seconds then he drives in and throws up a prayer. IF we are lucky he passes it off before the ten second mark. Eddie Griffin should get the ball in the post, he hit some decent turn arounds against seattle i think it was. I mean yea he is a nice shooter and all but hes a 4, they arent supposed to be camped out at the three point line throwing up desperation shots and the buzzer. And where is Langhi? wasnt he putting up some big numbers in summer league? I mean granted that wasnt against the best competition, but at least he hit some shots! It seems like no other rocket can do that. Moochie is too overpaid. He plays one good game then plays like crap in the next ten. He is only good to fill in the void when francis is tired, if that. I personally think with experience tierre brown can be much better. He seems to be much more tenacious on defense and he doesnt seem intent on dribbling the ball for twenty seconds every time he touches it. I juss hope rice starts shooting again, i mean, lets be honest, without his shot, he sucks. He has no D, i mean desmond mason ran circles around him every time he touched the freakin ball in the fourth quarter in seattle. OH well i really hope that something magical happens tomorrow against san antonio cuz if not we are gonna be lucky if we lose by only twenty points.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: --- how i feel right now after watching the grizzlies kick the rockets a$$

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

I missed a school youth group event that was gonna be fun just to watch that. :mad:

8. Houstone

Houstone Member

9. alaskansnowman

Ugh... it's just very disappointing and frustrating watching a game like this.

There's just so many areas that this team needs to improve on. Yes, we didn't have our two best players but it's no reason to get blown out.

just some random observations...

Mooch continues to be less effective than last year... after his big contract.

Langhi needs to play b/c he is my boy and i think my boy deserves some playing time... at least more than 2 minutes in garbage time.

I'm fine with Griffin taking 3's, but he was being guarded by Gasol a few plays, and Gasol is one person that Griffin might actually <i>outweigh</i>. Maybe we should try something <i>different</i> for a change. Crispee or whoever, have you noticed the Rockets adding a few wrinkles or anything to their offense yet. The only difference I've noticed is that the isos have been replaced by pnr's this year, and a good portion of the pnr's turn into isos anyway.

Also our defense against Williams, which consisted of him shooting open mid range jumpers most of the time, was pathetic.

Not enough fastbreaks... for a team which consists of runners like Griffin, Mooch, Oscar, etc etc we should get more easy baskets.

No easy baskets - is it me or do the other teams just seem to get easier shots than we do.

1 more thing - it seems like we start running our play too late in the shot clock. On one possession I noticed we threw it down to Willis with 7 seconds left on the clock... if he needed to pass out and the ball needed to be kicked around the horn, there wouldnt have been enough time to do that.

#9 alaskansnowman, Nov 30, 2001
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2001
  10. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Hey since we are paying for Matt Maloney, can he come play? Anything has to be better than watching Moochie dribble!!

11. spence99

spence99 Member

Getting blown out by the Grizzlies is pathetic no matter what. The Rockets are in trouble. They've lost six in a row, and you can't blame on Francis and Moble being gone because they were losing before they went down with injuries. I agree - the Rockets get NO easy baskets. That's because they never look for the quick shot. Rudy needs to get it in his head that he doesn't have a dominant half court offense like he did with Olajuwon. We need to run!!!

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Rockets haven't lost 6 in a row. Don't tell me ESPN is still saying we lost 6 in a row!?