1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by jello77, Nov 10, 2002.

1. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

wow, there was a great slate of games out there today...atlanta and pittsburgh tying was amazing. my idiot tv stations decided to show the end of the colts blowing out the eagles and the packers blowing out the lions. chicagos looking like its gonna stop its 6 game skid, jacksonvilles lookin to beat the skins. unfortunatley, the 49ers didnt lose and they along with new orleans and tampa look to catch my packers. in the beginning of the season, it seemed the afc was better, but now it looks like the nfc.

i may be a little biased, but im lookin at brett favre as mvp. maybe jim haslett as coach of the year. what are your playoff predictions/midseason awards?

2. drapg

drapg Member

Tom Brady is ****ing Joe Montana reincarnated!!!!!

what a finish!

Thank God for bonus coverage!

how much to bet the umps don't get out of Chi-town alive???

:D

3. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

LMAO, what a god damn finish

4. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Blasphemer!

5. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I remember how Sonny was hyping up the Bears before the year. They are as bad as the Texans!

6. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

I don't know about that, but I do know that very well might have been a pick if Brady had not stayed with the play and chopped the ball from the Chicago lineman. Looks like a true competitor not giving up on the play even when it looked like NE was DONE.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Packers rule.

8. Nomar

Nomar Member

Niners rule.

9. lpbman

lpbman Member

Saints Rule!
    McAllister= most explosive RB in the NFL

10. Elvis Costello

On both of my fantasy teams, thank God!

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

There you go........

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sonny owes Clutch 10 bucks :p , I never lose bets.

Maddox rules...

Broncos Suck...

13. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

Hey! Nomar and I agree on something. …will wonders never cease. ;)

Old CFL QBs never die. They just become NFL pro-bowlers. ;)

14. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I tried shooting them through the TV - didn't work. ;)

Chicago blew the game, not the umps. The calls were actually fair. :eek:

If they could have gotten a first down on 2nd and 1 then they could have ran the clock out. Then their defense was so damn tired because the offense couldn't run out the freaking clock. Urlacher had a badass game. He had over 10 tackles, an interception, and he stopped a 2pt conversion.

If Bryan Robinson could catch a football then the game would have been over too...

Brady made some incredible pitch passes when he was being sacked also. He is a lot better than I gave him credit for. New England stepped it up when they needed to. At least Chicago's D is back, they played very good, if they had any offense at all Chicago would have won this game. I know they had 30 pts but they were all scored off of turnovers or great field position created by the defense. So I say tank the rest of this season and get a quarterback....

I know Moe.... Raiders aren't playing too hot though. :p

15. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Dude - what is your team again? Philly? ;)

Whoever they are - try taking out 3 of their best defensive starters, 2 of their best offensive starters and then add that they are playing a very tough schedule. There are no excuses though. They are not making the plays like they did last year. Their offense sucks bad, very bad. Defense has recovered, so at least I still have that. :)

RM95 - thanks for not busting my balls...

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

No, no, no, no, no!

You got that wrong, moe. It is Broncos rule !

Oh and the Raiders suck, but you already knew that!:p

17. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Raiders need to get the "o" back on track and get some people healthy before they start winning again. Should be another good one tonight. I dont expect alot (with whoever besides Woodson covering Rod Smith), but I remain optimistic.

18. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Raiders play their best game of the season.

I'm still picking Denver because the game is in Denver, but if this game is in Oakland, I would be picking against my Broncs.

19. drapg

drapg Member

I'm a 49er fan, but even I can draw the similarities between Montana and Brady. While not quite at that level (my earlier post was written when I was high on adrenaline!), he's quickly attaining that status with his cool as the other side of the pillow persona in tough situations