1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL TV Coverage is atrocious.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by kidrock8, Nov 10, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Rather than show the ending of a close and great game, from the SD-STL game, they must get out of that to show the beginning of the KC-SF game. Why? Do people in Houston give a rat's ass about seeing the beginning of the KC-SF game, rather than the ending of a great SD-STL game?

The NFL wonders why TV ratings suck, yet fail to realize part of it lies in the fact that they have idiots who are in charge of what the audience watches.

2. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

St. Louis Super-Bulgers just won (NY TV).

Can anyone say QB controversy?

3. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

It probably will be Warner starting, though I think they should stick with Bulger.

I know Warner would b**** about it, but Warner got his starting gig, the same way Bulger will/should.

4. drapg

drapg Member

if you were listening, you'd know the explanation. Jim Nance told us. television contracts stipulate that a doubleheader must be shown in its entirety... thats why its called "BONUS coverage"

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

God loves Warner more, so Warner will start.

6. mav3434

mav3434 Member

IT"S F-CKING WORSE IN NEW YORK! We get to see the giants kneel 3 times, footage of people emptying out of the metrodome after the final gun, and NOw the ******* AUTOTRADER POSTGAME SHOW WHILE THE MOST EXCITING PLAYER IN THE GAME, MICHAEL VICK IS IN OT IN PITTSBURGH! SHUT the F-CK UP TERRY JB AND HOWIE!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'm trying to wonder WHY it must be show in its entirity. CBS is paying the NFL the same amount of money anyhow. I don't see why there is an obligation to break out of a "bonus" coverage, to show the beginning of a game that isn't as interesting.

8. drapg

drapg Member

get sunday ticket if you want to see any game.

besides no one has it worse than us... texans and cowboy games on TV each week? luckily i give somewhat of a damn about the texans... but the cowboys? you don't get anymore inept than that.

9. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

LOL!

That reminds me of the second funniest quote from a QB in the past 2 years. The first one, Harrington getting "excited" when he touches a woman's cheek, and the second was how Warner avoided the evils that God set upon him in Amsterdam during his NFL Europe stay.

10. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Ya that's true, it's probably part of a ploy to get people to switch from cable to DirecTV (the only NFL Ticket provider), just to watch some lame ass NFL games.

11. drapg

drapg Member

if TW would offer sunday ticket, i would pay a small fortune to order it. i would give anything to follow my titans and watch any game i want to.

12. mav3434

mav3434 Member

it is basically unavailable in New York City, too many buildings to get the satellite. In fact, most households in the US CAN'T get directtv even if they wanted to. see here for more info about the NFL directv monopoly: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/tmq/021029.html

And trust me, new york has it just as bad, Jets-giants, giants-jets every single damn week.

13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I would venture to say the problem is that DirecTV probably paid the NFL a lot of money to be the exclusive provider of NFL Ticket.

As usual, the NFL takes the money and runs.

14. drapg

drapg Member

oh i know. i can't get direcTV b/c my apartment doesn' face the correct way to pick up a satellite feed. so i'm stuck watching crappy games each week when I'm more than willing to pay money for sunday ticket.

i can't wait to move... first thing i ask my next apartment complex is to guarantee me i can have satellite tv.

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

First Tie since 97! Vick vs Maddox - no winner

Its good to start Maddox when Drew Bledsoe is on a bye :)

16. mav3434

mav3434 Member

Thx, I guesss I didn't miss too much after all...

17. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Plaxico Burress was stopped at the 1. You missed something.

18. drapg

drapg Member

it was close though

with 0:00 on the clock, a Maddox hail mary was caught right by the goalline, but officials ruled it wasn't a touchdown.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Plaxico Burress also had 253 yards receiving.

20. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

If I'm not mistaken, this is the last year of DirecTV's exclusive agreement with the NFL. (Hence, this explains the ridiculous amount of NFL Ticket ads on TV this year.) Hopefully, next year cable can get in on the fun...