1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Predictions For 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by franchise_3, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Screw you all.... :rolleyes:

I am bitter.

Lil Pun - wait until "your team" loses next week and then let me ask you why you are bitter??? Don't worry I will be around to rub it in your face.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah, you must be pretty bitter to overlook posts earlier in this very thread. Or, to go back even further, there is this

Quote by JayZ750:
    01-12-2002 06:52 PM

I've been watching the Eagles all year and they looked very strong today. You can't say enought good things about Andy Reid - that move to keep Trash involved was brilliant, imo, as the very next play he completed a strong 15 yard reception. The announcers kept praising the defense, but their offense moved the ball well and scored 24 points on its own against a very good defense. I feel the Bears are overrated. Still, it should be a good game. I expect to see a rematch of a very good opening day game in the NFC championship...Eagles vs. Rams. It'd be impossible to predict who will win that one so I'll just go with the Eagles cause I like them and hate every St. Louis team (no disrespect to the city, but the whole Astros-Cardinals thing works against them).

On the AFC side, despite their recent difficulties, I still like the Raiders. Either the Raiders or Steelers will make it out of the AFC, and I'll randomly choose the Raiders.

in this thread.

I was clearly wrong about the Raiders although I think they got screwed. I lived in Philadelphia the last 4 years.

I dont think the Rams-Eagles game will be nearly the blowout everyone thinks. The Rams barely beat the Eagles at the beginning of the year in overtime 20-17. It was a good game in which the Eagles got off to a tremendously slow start fumbling the ball right into the first quarter giving the Rams an easy score. But Jim Johnson's blitzing scheme obviously affected the Rams offense scheme.

On the other hand, the Rams were not also playing their best. Both teams, I think, are enormously better at this point than they were during that first game. The Eagles even opened up the season for the first few weeks as a .500 team.

Anyway, I expect to see a good game, but where I was confident the Eagles would make it this far and will continue to be optimistic, I won't be surprised to see them lose to a very good Rams team.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I knew you were bitter! :D Even if the Eagles do lose next week at least they made it there. You can try to rub it in my face but it won't work if you are going to try to make me bitter. Sure I'll be upset if my Eagles lose Sunday but they got there damn it and your Bears didn't, so get over it. I'm proud that they got this far.